close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone tried the Aguila shorties ?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Logansdad, Apr 28, 2002.

1. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I saw these little bitty 12 gauge shotshells made by Aguila. I don't know anybody who has shot these.
    I have shot their high velocity .22 hollowpoints ($10 a brick, who wouldn't)

2. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    I have shot the mini shell I think you speak of. The ones I have are 12ga slugs. they shoot ok. I doubt there is enough energy to take game such as deer. you ca stack a bunch of 'em in a tube. They say they feed great in a winchester pump but others may need slight modification, not going there. fun to play around with. shot mine from my 870 in singles.

3. Dennis

Dennis G&G Evangelist

Texas
    They dont cycle well in an 870
    It is a good Idea but it doesnt work.
    they have a tendency to flip when they are relesed from the tube and jam.
    If you have an older style shotgun that funcions well with these shells post it
    I would like to hear about it.

4. 00buck

00buck G&G Newbie

Aguila 12Ga Shorties

I am using Aguila 12 Ga. Combo loads ( 7x4B+4x1B). The rounds are black in color and about 1.25 inches overall. I am using them in a Winchester Model 1300 Defender 12 Ga. 2.75 & 3.00". The rounds cycle fine in this gun as long as a normal firm and brisk pumping action is used. The defender will hold 12 rounds of the Aguila's in the tube. The high round cap. and lower power of the rounds make them suited for my home defense use.

Winchester has closed the plant that made the 1300 and as of this date has not announced plans to produce the 1300 at any other site.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2006
  5. N2914J

N2914J G&G Newbie

I spent about a year saving up enough money to buy a synthetic 1300 combo right from the factory, and just as I had enough, they quit making them.

6. Jim Haynes

Jim Haynes G&G Newbie

Winchester 1300

Although Winchester has quit making the 1300, Gander Mountain has a number on the racks at their Sugar Land store in Texas. If you really want one, go to the nearest one or go online. Gander is very good at bringing in a gun from any of their many stores to your local store to sell you one. Jim Haynes