close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

AR 15 bolt

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Riccardo, Apr 19, 2002.

1. It is the military bolt on the army AR 15 eavyer due to compensate the high full auto rate ,then the AR 15 sporter ?

Ciao Riccardo

2. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

If I understand your question correctly, you are asking why the bolt on the M-16 is heavier than on the AR-15. I am not an expert on the M-16, but would make an educated guess. The bolt could be heavier to reduce the cyclic rate in full auto fire for reliability.

3. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    Riccardo, The bolt on the M16 and the AR15 should be the same. The AR15 bolt is 'mil-spec' which means it meets military specifications. Example, I had to do a live fire exercise for an eval, my M4A1 constantly jammed (and the barrel was shot out) and my whole team were due to receive new ones within the month (we get new ones every two years, bet you didn't know that). I took my personal bolt for this exercise and it worked great. We are no longer able to stock small arms repair parts (SARPs) because everybody kept taking them home and getting into trouble. Good Shooting! Eric

4. Ciao Eric, thanks for your reply and for your intersting story, ciao Riccardo