Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mentioned these once in a build thread of mine, however I thought it worth making a dedicated post for them. I have just placed my second order from them for their pivot /take down pin shims, these fill in any gap in between the upper and lower and make for a nice tight fit with no slop. not all of our guns are built to exacting standards, but that doesn't mean we have to deal with sloppy guns either. I use an accu wedge in the rear, and these in the front and it makes for a very nice upper to lower fit.

cheap, American made, simple, effective.

they make all kind of shims for firearms, I would trust any of their products but have only used the ones mentioned above. I got an 8 pack this time. while they could theoritically last a very long time, they are easy to loose and can be damaged if you are not careful installing them.

· Registered
6,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
this link takes you to the ar-15 page, scroll down slight for "AR-15 Pivot Pin / Take-Down Pin Shims"

· Registered
86 Posts
Ive been looking for something like these! Idk about everyone else but I HATE the feeling of wobbly receivers it drives me insane especially if I just finished building the gun. I usually take ear plugs (the squishy spongy kind) and shove a couple down in there but honestly im tired of having little orange specs all over the inside of my lower and trigger group. Ive heard of the accu but not these im definitely copping me a few thanks!

· Registered
6,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if you do order some, there seems to be no shipping charge, i kept thinking something was wrong with the website, but the order went through with out having to choose a shipping options, they mail them in an envelope so maybe they just add the charge of a few stamps the the product cost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.