Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in getting my father some kind of rifle in the AR family, as I think he'd have a lot of fun hunting and target shooting with that platform. However, he will only frequently use guns that he can easily carry on his ATV that he uses on his farm (in a hard plastic rifle case he ingeniously strapped on the front of the ATV). Do any of you carry/store ARs on ATVs? If so, what would brand or style of AR is it? The way he carries, I don't think most ARs with 30-round magazines will fit in my dad's mounted hard case.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use an AR-POD. Custom built ar-15, but all the standard ar platform carbines fit. They don't list all the custom mounts on their website. Mine is mounted on a Polaris Sportsman 450. This photo is from their website:

Nice! That style mount might still work, since my dad also has steel milk crates (not sure if that's what they are but that's what they look like) mounted on the front. If I find a case like that which has a cap at the butt stock, he could easily mount that between the crates and have the same setup as he does with his 10/22 and O/U he carries now.

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
I have the Tipton clamping gun mount on the front of my ATV. It takes any rifle whether it's an AR or standard rifle. I usually use a 10 or 20 round mag since they are smaller and don't dig into side as much when slung.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts