AR in .338

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by jimkim, May 14, 2008.

1. I need a general purpose rifle. I am thinking of buying one of the AR clones do any of you own one in .338 fed. I want something with a good punch both long and short range. Any suggestions.

2. I believe Armilite makes one in the new Federal .338 jimkim, but I'll tell you now, it isn't cheap. Check this out and see what you think, then if you can go from there. The Armilite link is in this link after you read the article.

27-09 FEDERAL

3. Armalite is calling it the AR-10 T..... the "T" is becouse the price is traumatic to your wallet

4. Midas

Midas Chief Troll B' Gone Forum Contributor

I have to admit, an AR in .338 Federal sounds pretty darn appealing, it would make an excellent deer and hog rifle.

5. Yea but not $2100 appealing. lol

6. Midas

Midas Chief Troll B' Gone Forum Contributor

Yup, that's a pretty steep price, too much for me :09:

7. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

I can sell You a Kimber 84M Bolt Action .338 Federal for 2/3 that price NIB w/scope and mounts and rings !!!
    See, you dont want to waste that 30 dollar a box ammo !!!!
    LOL
    Rich

8. Due to recent events I have decided not to get an AR in .338Fed. I guess I will have to keep looking until something hits me just right.

9. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

:twak::smashfreakB::spank::chairshot::slap:
    ???????

10. I'm gonna take a wild stab at it and say those recent events are the realization of just how expensive it is/was? lmao I know the feeling jimkim. When I first saw the Sighting in with Shooting USA on this ammo and that AR10T, I wanted one and immediately went onto the computer and the web only to be quickly disappointed.

11. I guessed somewhere around 1100 dollars. I think I should look for a used BAR in .338winmag. Maybe I could save a pile o'money an get one of Uncle Billy's .308 Saigas. What are they wholesale now?