close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ar mags

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Paul I, Apr 9, 2002.

1. Paul I

Paul I G&G Newbie

What mags work well in a new bushmaster? Do the USmags work they are around 10$. I see new colt mags are 30$ and USGI are 25$. Used USGI are @17$.
    Thanks
    Paul I

2. boneguru

boneguru G&G Newbie

you will probably get tons of replies, If you wan't reliable feed get a great mag, colt etc. if you just plink, use whatever will feed your weapon. I have had good luck w/ orlite, just clean and service.
    Raymond

3. Rock

Rock G&G Newbie

The only mags I have had trouble with is USA mags they never work!

4. AR-tim

AR-tim G&G Newbie

WI
    Don't have any, but I stay away from US mags. Never heard anything good about them. They seem kind of cheap, and loud (rattle). I use used GI issue in my Bushmaster. Then again, if you buy US mags and they feed fine and so on, then use them. I just stick to GI issue cause; if they are good enough for our troops, they are good enough for me......

-Tim

5. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    I only use GI mags in all of mine, only because they are cheap (free), but I have found that the ones with the green follower are more reliable. good shooting! Eric

6. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I have seen a few Orlite plastic mags that developed cracks at the back of the lips, causing misfeeds.

7. David N

David N G&G Newbie

In my DPMS, I have only had 1 USA mag fail on me. I paid a little less than $10 (I bought them in quantity). For plinking I use the the USA mags and some of my USGI withput any real problem. I would suggest to you that USGI mags are the preferred choice if the you know what hits the fan and you really need reliablity. The USA should work just fine on the range or to shoot cans. I also have 2 forty rounders from USA that work the nuts, contrary to what others have stated. A lot of problems with mags come from misuse, abuse, or keeping them loaded for a long time before usiong them. I hope this helps you, some what , in making an intelligent decision.

8. Wolv314

Wolv314 G&G Newbie

I have had great luck with USGI mags, even the ones without the green follower. Never had a jam, not one. I would love to try the Thermolds, but I do not know too much about them, nor do I know if they are worth the extra cost.:assult:

9. Old Dealer's Experience

Paul,
    When I had my gun business I stocked some USA mags for customers who wanted to buy cheap stuff. They turned out to be not so cheap. I got them back.
    I won't go into detail, but I will say that I, personally, will not buy any mags made by USA or Ram Line.
    That's only my opinion, based on my personal experience.

10. Paul I

Paul I G&G Newbie

In the end I got 2 USGI mags for 25 each they work great.
    Thanks
    Paul I