close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

AR15 comparison question

Discussion in 'AR15' started by oneastrix, May 8, 2002.

1. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

I'm not trying to start any arguments here......

I love the Ar15. I own one and am issued one by my department. However, I feel the itch to buy a new toy! I am interested in the Professional Ord Carbon 15. I know nothing about it, just that I like the way it looks. Has anybody ever fired one? Will a Carbon Upper fit on an AR lower? I didn't know where else to post this....

2. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

The Carbon 15 is a heavily modified AR. I doubt most parts are interchangeable. It is super light weight and seems to be well made. My local gun store has one that I am thinking of putting on layaway.

3. Mike the JAG

Mike the JAG G&G Newbie

From what I've heard, the Carbon 15 works great until it falls apart, which happens in a few thousand rounds.

4. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

Carbon 15 is NOT interchangeable with AR, only uses the same mags. I personally don't see the point of sparing weight if it ruins the balance of the rifle, making it barrel heavy.

5. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

The Carbon 15 is NOT barrel heavy. It has a super lightweight barrel, too.

Last edited: May 8, 2002
  6. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

Hmm. Are they all the same? Maybe I'm thinking of a different rifle. But I know that most parts do not interchange.

7. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Ah heck, maybe I'll save a little more $ up and go for the Springfield M1A I've been drueling over for a while. I like the .308NATO. I'd probably rarely shot it, but I need one just the same. Thanks for the advice!

8. m14nut

m14nut G&G Newbie

NJ
    Why not try an M4 clone?:assult:

9. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Gun Tests magazine tried it out last year and really liked it.