close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Arafat potato chips take Egyptian market by storm

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, May 28, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Arafat potato chips take Egyptian market by storm
    Cairo, Egypt-AP -- Yasser Arafat's face is featured on bags of cheese-flavored potato chips that are selling like hot cakes in Egypt.

Consumers say they like the taste.

And they like the cause. A donation is made to an unspecified Palestinian cause for every 50 packages sold.

The packages feature a likeness of Arafat saluting with one hand and holding a Palestinian flag in the other. They're out-selling a brand called The Hero, which features a schoolboy holding a stone in his right hand and books in the other as he confronts an Israeli tank.

The Arafat brand has a slogan that reads, "The more you buy, the more you build."

Egyptians are captivated by the Israeli-Palestinian conflict that erupted 20 months ago. Movies and pop songs have sprung up in support of Arafat and his people.

Copyright 2002 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

GEEZ, I DON'T THINK I COULD EAT AFTER LOOKING AT THAT MUG!!!! :throwup:

3. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I want to call a boycott of the potato chips for all the members that can buy them, we have 30 or so members that can purchase these and I ask for your support in this measure.