Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont know bout yall but i love to archery hunt and i love to hear stories about other peoples hunts. i shoot a reflex grizzley with a wisker biscuit and reflex sights i use cabela's carbon hunter arrows with mechanical broadheads

post stories of ur hunts im sure alot of ppl would enjoy reading them

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,601 Posts
I missed last season due to tendonites (SP?) in my right elbow. That's better now. I hate to admit I haven't pulled the bow much this year. usually I'm all over it. I hate to use the excuse but work is eating my lunch. I seriously think I was happier when the economy was bad & I had more time to screw off (hunt & fish)

I stillmay get out. season runs Oct ~ Jan. That's what I like about it, plenty of time. A bit warm right now anyway.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry bout ur injury well i hope u get out there at least a few times if u can i shoot almost every day atleast 10 arrows a day keeeps me confident with my equipment and makes me wanna do whatever i can to get out there

·
Registered
593 Posts
Rifle hunting for deer has lost most of the challenge, so I'm going bow hunting for my first time this weekend. I've set up 2 primo tree stands over feeders on a ranch that hasnt been hunted in 7 years. I've practiced on my ? year old Pearson Bushmaster and am stoked! No friends, no family, just me vs. the critters. Too excited to sleep. I'll let you know how I did Sunday.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey im glad that ur gettin out there with a bow i agree hunting with rifles is almost to easy

good luck im goin out 2day and saturday and monday ill tell yall how i do

·
Registered
593 Posts
Well, I didnt see a single deer. But I did see the biggest red fox I've ever seen, heard a couple of hogs in the brush at dark, and an hour before sun-up I heard 1 single coyote challenge call 1/2 mile due south, followed by the whole pack on chase, followed by another pack 1/2 mile due east, followed by another pack due north, all within about 1 mile radius and within 3 minutes. Boy, have I got something for them come January when their coats are full! Plus I got to sleep with the nothing but the sounds of crickets and the occasional coyote. I'd say it was a pretty successful weekend!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats awesome
i also saw the biggest red fox of my life i saw 2 doe this mornin and then 6 at night none came within bow range but i had a squirrel jump on my boot:eek: so im gonna have to say a day in the woods and hittin squirrels in the head with sticks is a great weekend

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol me and my uncle went out last night and he shot a HUGE buck right at dark we found the arrow and it looked like a gut shot so we gave the buck 2 hours we tracked him for 400 yards and then just lost the trail???? it started to rain so were gonna go back out today after school and see if we can find em im pretty upset about this we were out alll night lookin for this deer

1 - 11 of 11 Posts