Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Premium Member
19,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our daughter invited me down to do some bow hunting in the woods behind her house. I drove down Sunday.
Got in to one of their hanging stands at 3pm. About 3:30, I saw a large doe come from my left, about 50yds out. She walked behind some trees/brush and never came out. I figured she walked straight away from me. About 4:15 she reappeared from behind the trees and walked towards me. By this time, another doe was in front of me, offering a shot. I decided the first doe was bigger so waited.
The first doe steps between two trees I had ranged at 25yds earlier. I drew n fired. The doe turned, ran about 20yds, then fell over. The second doe ran to my right and away. A third doe I had not seen also jumped and ran.
I gutted it and then my Son-in-law helped me drag it up and out. I skinned it out and let it cool while we both watched the Vikings lose another game. I finished processing the doe this morning.
Now to work on another doe. Told the kids they can shoot the bucks.
Natural landscape Twig Wood Trunk Tree
Textile Wood Plant Dress Flooring
Food Hood Ingredient Cuisine Automotive design
Food Ingredient Cuisine Rectangle Dish

· Registered
15,546 Posts
My couple of buds that hunt with me in the old camp live in Va. and have to have the deer processed before taking across State lines. I've always processed my own in state. I did have to dump one years back that was obviously contaminated. Heartbreaking to do.

· Premium Member
19,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How old is she now Tom?
It's hard to believe how time slips by and the next thing you know they aren't really kids anymore.
This is our 42year old daughter Valerie’s place. Our Jaidyn is only 13. Jaidyn isn’t pulling enough poundage in bow to kill a deer yet.

· Registered
26,919 Posts
Saw two this morning. One at 75yds, other gave me a shot at 30-35 yds. It was a yearling so let it walk. Now I’m thinking just shoot two yearlings and call it a hunt.
I would definitely be considering that option also Tom.
That is unless there were some old ones that needed culled.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.