Are conservatives happier than liberals

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by nighthawk80, May 8, 2008.

1. Chris

Chris G&G Evangelist Staff Member Forum Contributor

Some people think they are happy and they aren't...

2. CalifgirlinOk

CalifgirlinOk G&G Evangelist

And some people ACT like they are happy but they aren't....!!!

3. That would be more believable if I hadn't seen a study a couple of years ago claiming the exact opposite...of course, I didn't really believe that one, either.:)

4. Rambo

Rambo G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

America
    From what I've seen, conservatives are more "afraid" than liberals.

5. patrick70

patrick70 G&G Addict

That's because the liberals have the ACLU

6. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

I'm happy..........

7. genwinters

genwinters Guest

i havent been truely happy in awhile

8. SKS NOOB

SKS NOOB G&G Evangelist

I try to be neither and I am happier for it. :banana:

9. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I'm happy as a clam in sand! I tried to quit worrying about things I can't change, after I moved here, and so far, it's working. CGO says the weather raised her blood pressure, but since we've been in Ok., mine has gone down. That's a good thing, 'cause it was getting dangerously high. I try to focus on problems close to me, and repair what I can, and hope for help on those I can't fix. I guess you can call me a conservative, but I come from a family of ultra-conservative democrats, who no longer have any use for their party. My dad quit voting, and one time I asked him why he didn't just change affiliation. Thought I was gonna get a whuppin'! He can't stand what it's become, and can't stand voting the ticket. I prefer my way.

10. mitch_mckee

mitch_mckee Guest

That is because liberals are butt ignorant and figure someone else will be glad to take care of them.

11. patrick70

patrick70 G&G Addict

They are butt ignorant too,you can put the truth right in front of them, clear as can be,and they still won't comprehend.

12. Windwalker

Windwalker G&G Newbie

I find Conservatives more apt to stand up for what they believe and fight for it if necessary. However, Troy 2000 is an exception and I would value his advice and backing in any SHTF situation, along with a whole list of other conservatives here.

13. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

I don't know if I really like designations of "liberal" or "conservative" all that much......I lean more right than left (actually, I lean to what I believe will work, and what intervention should be limited by our constitution given what history has shown can happen with an out of control government); however, my stand on some issues is pretty "liberal"; on other issues is pretty "conservative." I'm not a "moderate" by any means !

I'd run as a Democrat or a Republican or Independent or whatever. I wouldn't change my views to agree with a party; I'd change them based on success or failure and/or a well reasoned argument.

14. KGunner

KGunner G&G Evangelist

Annoy a Liberal: Work hard and be happy

I have that on my bumper sticker. I am happier than a liberal, because I work for what I have and I don't feel bad that other people don't have it if they didn't work for it.

15. Rambo

Rambo G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

America
    I probably should've used the word "paranoid" rather than afraid.
    mea culpa

16. some people are unhappy but then realize comparatively they got it pretty **** good or dont realize it and stay unhappy

i dont see the point in being depressed, i think its retarded, then again i dont understand eating disorders and many things like that, people say its cause theres nothing wrong with me and i dont understand, to be honest i think they are just being little whiney......never mind what they are, im in a good mood

17. dhermesc

dhermesc G&G Evangelist

Why would I be afraid? I'm armed.

18. mitch_mckee

mitch_mckee Guest

There is a medical difference between feeling a bit "blue" and clinical depression. Feeling blue can be treated with something simple, like ice cream.

Clinical depression is often fatal and often needs meds for a solution. Clinical depression is often traced to a chemical imbalance in the brain. It is not something that cannot be self cured.

19. never said i understood it, i dont have it and thank god.....of course i think we as a nation are hypochondriacs as well and most depression stems from a negative state of mind, im sure there are many genuine cases of depression, but to me alot of it just seems to fake, not trying to sound like an ***, its just the vibes i get alot of the time