Are Mosin Nagants and Rabbits related?

Discussion in 'Mosin Nagant' started by Sgtsquid, Aug 31, 2010.

1. I'm convinced they have the same reproductive propensities. A bit more than a year ago I had one, the last check of the safe there were four (not including their PSL cousin)! Does anybody know how this can happen?

2. Ninja Piper

Ninja Piper G&G Evangelist

They are kind of like Gremlins... Don't feed them after midnight or get them wet. But whatever you do, DON'T LET THEM ALONE UNSUPERVISED!! You never know what they are up to!!

3. 338RUM

338RUM G&G Evangelist

I keep my 2 separated in different rooms! I cant afford another mouth to feed!

4. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist

I don't know, I had one, then somehow 10.

Could be related.

5. Tha Dave

Tha Dave G&G Evangelist

Just remember to bring in a new one to keep the gene pool from shrinking too much or you might end up with a 6.5mm Carcano M91.

6. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist

Or maybe a Steyr M95?

7. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

I wish I knew how I got all mine.....sometimes I go through my safe to see if there is one or 6 I can live with out. Problem is...each one has a story and each one is different. I like them.

8. cooker300

cooker300 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

i just keep my 91/30 right beside my K98 so they just fight all the time so theres no reproducing yet

9. Ken in Iowa

Ken in Iowa G&G Evangelist

It all started with an Enfield....Honest!

How all these Mosins got here, I have no idea!

10. I was almost infected with mosinitis last Sunday. I was within easy driving distance of the gunshop where I purchased my 1939 91/30 last month. They are open on Sundays and have a nice stock of Mosins. My wife was with me and told me to go for it. As we were in a bookstore at the time, I fought off the urge to put another Mosin in my bulging gunsafe and bought a book on birds instead.
    I know! I'm sick.

Michael

11. Tha Dave

Tha Dave G&G Evangelist

Your infected, after I bought my first one it was 4 or 5 years until I bought another one now I have 4. We all go through periods of time where we can control it and periods were it controls us. Just wait you'll end up with another 1 (or 8).

12. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

I had to separate mine by racking them against the wall...Had 2 and now have 13 to feed. I think my Finn Boys were messing with my Russian Gals...LOL

13. This is the same thing that happened to me, 2 1/2 years with just an m44, then in feb came a 91/30, than about april there was another 91/30, and in June my VKT B barrel M91 came along. Getting about time for something else to pop up.

14. just got 1 91/30 but I might need another for back up against those mausers in the gun safe

15. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

like an amobe they self replicate, splitting into 2 equal guns.:biglaugh:

16. A bird book? Say it isn't so!

Yer kidding, right? A Bird Book?

Don't take me too seriously. My last purchases were Mausers.

17. No. I'm not kidding. I guess I had a momentary case of "responsible adultitis" as opposed to "Mosinitis". What can I say?

Michael

18. You might as well go right back down to that store and get another one, you can only fight the urge for so long and it will eventually overtake you. There's no cosmoline gum or patch nor a mosin nagant anonymous, there's only one cure for mosinitus and that's another mosin nagant.

19. Heck, my gunsafe is stuffed now. If I buy any more guns, I'll have to get a bigger or another........................ Hmmn. new gunsafe, more Mosin's, more Garands, possible divorce. :eek1: Well, that was sounding good except for that last one.

Michael

20. Well, I guess I'm officially infected with Mosinitis. No bird book this time. I bought a 1944 Izzy M44. I guess there is no turning back now.

Michael