Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
10,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I saw something on here a few weeks ago about the Rossi lever actions. I have one M92 and have a guy wants to sell me one in 44Mag. I remember Jerry had a M92 recently and put the Marbles peep sight on it. How much are the M92's going for in 44 or 357 Mag.

· Since 03-15- 2002
28,272 Posts
I’ve heard some grumbling about them not being in circulation enough.

Mine is a Rossi bought about 9 yrs ago distributed through EMF. At the time people seemed to think the EMF ones as well as a couple others were more cautiously picked over for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Gun and Game

· Premium Member
10,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve heard some grumbling about them not being in circulation enough.

Mine is a Rossi bought about 9 yrs ago distributed through EMF. At the time people seemed to think the EMF ones as well as a couple others were more cautiously picked over for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Gun and Game
I was curious Jerry so checked a few auction sites and had none. They were sold and other suppliers said sold out.

· Registered
23,359 Posts
He wants $425
That sounds more than fair. The .357 is the most valuable of them, and the last one of those I saw on gunbroker went nuts - $720, I think. For that price You could get a like-new Henry or a used Marlin Cowboy, or a well-used Winchester.

The .44s are going for more than $500 around here in fairly rough shape, and a pristine one brings in over $600.

About the only one that hasn't moved much price-wise is the 45 Colt. Those are merely going used for about what they went for new a few years ago.

· Registered
5,336 Posts
I paid $450, $502 after taxes and CO's background check fee, for my Rossi 92 SPC .357 lever back in Feb of 2018.

Whatever that's worth to you.

Reactions: rando

· Premium Member
10,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That sounds more than fair. The .357 is the most valuable of them, and the last one of those I saw on gunbroker went nuts - $720, I think. For that price You could get a like-new Henry or a used Marlin Cowboy, or a well-used Winchester.

The .44s are going for more than $500 around here in fairly rough shape, and a pristine one brings in over $600.

About the only one that hasn't moved much price-wise is the 45 Colt. Those are merely going used for about what they went for new a few years ago.
I already have the 357 Magnum. I have two friends that are into the Cowboy shooting and use the 45 for that. Other than that I don't think a hunter or many target shooters would pic that particular caliber.

· Registered
23,359 Posts
I already have the 357 Magnum. I have two friends that are into the Cowboy shooting and use the 45 for that. Other than that I don't think a hunter or many target shooters would pic that particular caliber.

I can't remember which gun magazine published it (I get American Rifleman, American Hunter, Firearms News, SHOT Business and a pile of military collectible and cowboy-action specific mags) but the terminal ballistics on the .357 LeverRevolution were supposedly nearly identical to 30-30 within a 100 yard envelope.

The Truth About Guns came up with different data (though they are talking muzzle energy rather than terminal ballistics, so maybe both can be correct?), but it seems like it would still be an adequate brush rifle: https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/05/chris-dumm/lever-action-ballistics-30-30-vs-357-magnum/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.