close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Are we responsable for our neighbors?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Aug 18, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

I took the dogs for a walk and ended up talking with a neighboor a few houses down...had a few beers with him before and he did not seem stupid....I gathered that he has family in Ohio? were the kids "rioted" and caused some problems this weekend...any way we were talking and he asked if there were riots if I would be defending the neighboorhood...since I own guns.
    I told him NO I will be defending MY family, MY house, and if I can do so without any legal problems...and its conveinet MAYBE a few houses near me. I said I might let a few neighboors borrow a rifle or handgun if I felt it was in my best intrest. It seemed that he and some others natualy assumed that since I have firearms and they dont that I would defend the neighboorhood...

Aside from the legal points....Im sure the police would look down on my killing people who came down the street... do YOU belive we are responsable for protecting our street?, community? others in the event of civil unrest (Not going to tuch the invasion by forgin army thing) ????
    Because we choose to own firearms and others dont is it OUR duty to protect the sheep???????:confused:

2. Armorer

Armorer Guest

NO!

It This Liberal, tree huggin, state, You as a private person can only use deadly force Inside your home, and AFTER a family member has been assulted.

So Like my cop friend told me once. "After you shoot the perp. Smack the Old lady across the chops and rip her shirt open. Then call us".

3. and don't forget to drag the body in the house before the cops arrive.
    -Jesse

4. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Dog and Armorer,I agree with you. No,we should not feel it's OUR duty to protect the sheep. If they don't have enough sense,or guts,or inclination to learn to defend themselves, then they will die. "The first to die are the un-disciplined,the second to die are the fearful."

5. Gus L.

Gus L. G&G Newbie

I dont even want my neighbors to know I have a rifle, If they know you have a garage full of bullets and arms guess who they are going to rip off first?
    Keep your stuff to yourself, If you neighbors have an equal amount then consider them your equal. If they have nothing and expect you to cover their Arse, you are in deep doodoo.

6. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Only a few of my closest friends know I'm a gun fan. The rest don't have any reason to know. My next door neighbor is armed and so is one two doors away. What's in my defense fund is strictly my business. Mainly, I want to have the ability to use what I've got when I need to use that kind of force.

Oxford

7. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    I'll be protecting my family against the perps and others that are trying to get ahold of some of my guns. If the SHTF, don't approach my house period!. You worried? get your own gun. We can do that ya know.

8. Armorer

Armorer Guest

You tellem Gus!

I Know nutzing, I see nutzing, I HAVE nutzing!

9. My situation may be different than many of yours. We live in a rural area where most of my neighbors are pretty self reliant.

One neighbor farmer knows where I have a rifle hidden in the barn and that he can use it, if dogs are found in his cattle or whatever.

All my guns, except my muzzle loader on the wall and a few stratigicaly placed self defence weapons, are locked up and hidden in the house, you would have to tear the house down to find them. Only my family and two close friends know where.

If one my neighbors were close by when something happend, I would help them as they would me.

Hud

10. I agree with HUD, but that is probably that until this move I have always been rural.

You may have a responsibility to take the neighbor shooting and try to get him interested. It is nice to have someone able to watch your back. First step in starting a neighborhood cell. Imagine a neighborhood that no hoods would come close to because they are organized and protecting their families.