close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Are You Mentally Prepared To Play Trap Shooting?

Discussion in 'General Firearms' started by mikecoulson, Apr 21, 2017 at 10:29 AM.

1. Hello guys ! Have you ever played trap shooting? How can we play this. Is it mandatory to be mentally prepare before playing this game. Kindly share your views.

2. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

I always considered it a sport, not a game. One shoots trap, one plays golf.

TXplt likes this.

3. Shooting is like golf for men

TXplt and austinjoe13 like this.
  4. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

He might be referring to a game instead of the actual firearms sport.

billy likes this.
  5. Big Dog

Ah. Forgot we sometimes have gamers accidentally drop in. Our forum name tends to confuse them.

Chris and billy like this.
  6. 870shooter1

870shooter1 G&G Evangelist

Tucson
    There's a game?

Had No idea...

TXplt, ChaZam and billy like this.
  7. I hate video games

8. maddogg

maddogg G&G Evangelist

If you think you're going to miss you probably will.

9. aht_six

aht_six G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

After one acquires the skills required to break the targets, trap becomes a matter of concentration. I shot with a fellow that was always trying to play head games with the competition. One of his favorite sayings was "90% of trap shooting is 80% in your head".

Kmcdowell, TXplt and ChaZam like this.
  10. Big Dog

I'd bet he was a Yogi Berra fan.

TXplt likes this.
  11. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

I've seen more people talk themselves into 24's than I have ever seen think themselves into a 100.

you have to figure out how to stop your brain from wandering or focusing on your score, and get it to focus only on the shot coming up.

and yes there are skeet and trap shooting games you can play on your I-phone and stuff.

12. Kmcdowell

Kmcdowell G&G Evangelist

Omaha NE
    I shot clay for the first time a few weeks ago and went with a friend of mine who has been shooting pigeons for many years. After getting my stance right and learning to cover the clay with the barrel of my gun it was much easier to hit the doggone thing. Once I learned to pull the trigger at the right time, I was hitting clay over 50% of the time. Not bad for a first timer.