close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Armed security for the Elitist

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by SPOCAHP ANAR, Mar 25, 2002.

1. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

Did anyone happen to see all the Armed Guards at the Academy Awards last night. Its awfully hypocritical to see these Elitist praising the extra Armed security while trying to diminish our rights to do the same.

2. Academy awards response

Yeah, considering most of the celebs propose to be anti-gun supporters. Notice that the Canadians had the odd armed guard as well. How did they manage to get past Allen Rock and his "Iron Curtain"?

3. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Now Im sure all those anti-gun celebraties were just tryiny to show how easy it was for the Average person to be perfectly safe and secure....all they have to do is quit wasteing their $$ on guns and ammo and hire guards to protect them...it cant be that expensive...
    Rember they dont want "us" common people to have firearms....not the Social Elite like themselves....I mean how can we compare ourselves with our middle class values, morals and work ethics to the MORALY supperior people of Holly Wood ...please next thing you all will be accuseing them of useing drugs, and killing their wifes (OJ) and other such things they would never consider.

4. Jim Messer

Jim Messer G&G Newbie

Yep, I saw all the security, helicopters, no fly zone, snipers and who knows what else at the awards. I just wondered what the heck the country would lose if all these people did explode at once. Would the country shut down, the economy collapse, mass depression and suicide? These are just mortal people, not some form of a god. But, it seems some out there worship them as if they were. Some of the stuff these people star in is certainly entertaining. Most is it is pure crap. Not worth my $4.50. I also noticed that alot of them are pretty arrogant. I bet if one of us average citizens were to approach one of them just to say hellow they would stop and take the time to be cordial and talk for awhile. If you believe that I can tell you truthfully that the GOVERNMENT is not after your guns.

5. wes

wes G&G Newbie

I can see a bunch of terrorist's planning to attack the Oscar's,"We will shut down their film industry,the infidels will die of boredom." Like it's not close to that already.

6. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Well, it's no worse than the added security and armed guards to protect "Puxatawny Phil" during Groundhog Day. All that for a glorified rat! I'm still waiting for Baldwin to board that one-way flight to Europe, no return.

7. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

lets see I haven't gone to a movie since enemy at the gates. Otherwise most of the time I have it on news, the radio or the history channel. The actors being gone wouldn't bother me at least we would be rid of Rosie, Baldwin, Goldberg, Speilberg, Striesand and all the other wacko lib's

8. Stopper

Stopper G&G Newbie

Anti-gunners, blah!!

Did anyone see the paper, an article says of all people, Sarah Brady (yes!) purchased a rifle for her son (supposedly 18), she passed the background check but did not have a check done on her son, which may have been conpulsory to legally obtain the firearm. WOW!! - what the you know what is Sarah Brady do'n buy'n a gun!!! Now did she consider that HER group says guns should not be kept on the premises if a child is present in the home. They say her son is 18, but if you have read any of the Anti propaganda, they use cases with kids as old as 19 in some of thier stories.

This sounds like the ELITE "needing" protection, but not wanting the PEOPLE to keep the same.

I read this in the KC Star 3/26/02 edition.

Was she just "excercising" her rights?
    If so, what's the problem with us all excercising our rights!!

I think it is pretty ironic that the "head" of the anti-gun, pro gun legislation wierdo's can't even keep track of the stupid laws they fight for.

Do you think this may cause them to do a little common sense thinking?

Probably not.

9. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

:mad:

It's all a crock,just like the Democrats and the other liberals want us to believe the terrorists have an ax to grind with them!
    That whole sorry bunch knows that the terrorists regard them as allies,just like the media.
    The media figures they can go anywhere for a story because the bad guys know they will give them free air time.
    It looks like one of them pressed it a bit too far and the fanatics cut his throat,left his protesting family for a story but since he was Jewish I guess the temptation was just too much for those ragheads and they let thier hatred overcome their common sence,if they had any,and did him in.

10. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

i do not watch the macadamy rewards. about 90% of them and their films are of the perverted and sick interpretation of some one else's sick and perverted book or screen play. most of the films i will not rent because of the rating or the pinkos in the film. i would like to see a NSSF film awards, for those actors and actress's and films that depict firearms and ownership in a positive light and who do not call for abolition of them. besides it would probably last about a half hour.

11. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

Good point PapaG

I like your thinking on that. But you know with the exception of a few (a very small few) I would say that those anti gun hollywood elites star in, direct, produce etc... violent movies and tv shows. Look at that Baldwin guy-stars in violent movies. What about Natalie Portman(?) went on Rosie and decried guns and gun violence. By the way She was cast as a leader who used guns to take back control of her kingdom(STARWARS EP. I)

You see its easy to say guns are bad and they should be outlawed while cashing that Million dollar acting check to buy some armed security.

12. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

thats right phacopsrana.they have no objection making a buck with gun-play. but thats hypocritical! if they really believed that guns are bad, then they shouldn't be making violent films!!!! if they were true to their beleives, they would make films about daizies, kittens and snow covered mountains. their beleives stop at the bank!!!!!

13. Gyrene

Gyrene G&G Newbie

CA
    Stopper - Did I read it correctly, that Sarah Brady purchased a gun for her son??? That is a Strawman pruchase if there ever was one!!!

Send her off to jail, if there is even one other person serving time for doing a Strawman purchase!

14. Dennis

Dennis G&G Evangelist

Texas
    In reality the Anti Gun Actor types are just espousing a political point of view for fashion sake. the recient rosie interview shows this. these people are so shallow. Stop taking them seriously.