Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just have to rant to someone! :scool:

I am about to spend some cash on a cute Ruger MkIII Hunter, because I like the precision of the Mk's, the fluted long barrel, the new magrelease the MkIII's got, and the ability to mount a rail.

Last week I went to my local store, tossed a stack of money on the table, filled out the papers, and waited... ...three days later the reply from the registration-dudes came back... *REJECTED*

I say, whaaa?

The laws in DK regarding handguns are a reason alone for why I am smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee.
I was already familiar with 'Too short' (guns must be at least 210mm long).
This time it was 'Too long'(!) (max length of a pistol/revolver is 153mm!).

Everything that I find nice and makes me smile is fa**ing forbidden in this forsaken country!

:banned:

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Sorry Sandormen, it sounds like your gun laws don't seem to have much common sense applied.

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,657 Posts
Yikes -- good luck there !

Common sense and gun laws.......two things that are seldom seen together.

All the best.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Move to America! Or better yet...Texas!
Or, better yet, Washington State, where we have more 'free' gun regs than Texas (you have to conceal, no open carry)... and Arizona is just as good as WA in that respect. Texas is surprisingly restrictive if you compare to some other 'pro-gun' states.

·
Registered
39 Posts
guns must be more than 210mm long..... but....153mm is too long?... what?....

Unless the 210mm minimum length is for long guns only, that makes no sense at all, and whoever passed that law should be kicked in the nads.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
guns must be more than 210mm long..... but....153mm is too long?... what?....

Unless the 210mm minimum length is for long guns only, that makes no sense at all, and whoever passed that law should be kicked in the nads.
Yeah, funny, in a sad way isn't it?
-And there is no such thing in Denmark as 'long guns'... ...Then You have to go with rifles, with all their equally weird rules!
Basically, I CAN get myself a Walther PPK, but I would have a gunsmith to exchange the original barrel with a barrel that extends waaay out there in the horizon, just to make those 210... -Or put on a frigging long beavertail, like way up to your elbow! :34:
By some odd reason, the Police is equipped with compacts. -Not allowed for civvies.

---
Still working on it though. I believe I could be able to squeeze my permit for the Ruger through, since there IS a shooting-discipline, called combi-pistol, that has no specific rules regarding length. Just have to have a lucky day with the person associated with the stamping of the paper, that makes everything *pof* legal. At least I should be able to get a license for it from the police, but that would cost me a lot more in cash, every third year. By the private reg.-organization, It cost a very small amount only every fifth year. -And for a .22 pistol, that is too long for (most) competitions anyways... ...meh, i'd like the cheaper exit.
It's starting to get personal thou'! Now I really want it, since it 'obviously' is semi-illegal to just have it. :smirk:

Oh, yeah, just to add another curiosity... .357 Magnum is legal.
.40 and above, is not...
They (politicians) decided at some point to go by the diameter of the projectile, not the effect... :hitwithrock:
(...unless it's blackpowder-guns, then You can have all kind of weird calibers.)

·
Сергей Иванович Мосин.
2,555 Posts
I'm starting to think blackpowder 10 gauge :p

Or a Large-Framed S&W .357, is the new .327 Mag available over there yet? OOH!!! What about one of those AK Pistols? :-D That's less than .40 Cal!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts