Army Needs New Bullets?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Dookiebutt, May 29, 2008.

1. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter G&G Newbie

Thats been going on for a long time. Over penetration, clean small holes.... end result, multiple rounds needed for a quick take down.. .. I would not want to be on the other end of any of them.. Alot of vets still like the old reliable .308 ;)

2. Looks like the same argument that's been going for a while. Myself, I'd come down on the side of knock-down power every time...

3. rondog

rondog G&G Evangelist

How many threads are there running about this now?

4. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

This is something everyone above the rank of captain/leiutenant commander knows.Every hunter knows that a good penetrating round is often not a good game stopper.But hunters too,often try to use a long range bullet that penetrates but doesnt open a good wound channel. sam.

5. You would have thought they learned their lesson in the Philippines.

6. FS00008

FS00008 Сергей Иванович Мосин. Forum Contributor

Meh... Personally I say issue every grunt an M14 and a street sweeper and be done with it. No problems with take down power there.

7. SKS NOOB

SKS NOOB G&G Evangelist

There has been an X-rifle, there is also one available to the public, that shoots .45ACP bullets. The military/police version can be fully automatic where the "retail" one is semi-auto. It's called the Kris. I saw it at a gun show about a few months ago and though I didnt get to shoot it the comments were that it was ugly but had almost NO recoil because of the auto loading system it had.

8. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

I think the Russians have a good idea with their tumbling,weight shifting bullet,how ever,it's hard to argue with a .308!. :thinking: