Army vs. Marine

Discussion in 'Humor Forum' started by SwedeSteve, Aug 25, 2010.

1. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

A little boy was standing in front of a mirror in the restroom at John F. Kennedy Airport, when in walked a Marine staff sergeant, dressed in his dress blues. The little boy turned to the Marine and said, "Wow! Are you a Marine?"

The Marine replied, "Why, yes I am, young man. Would you like to wear my hat?"

"Boy, would I!," said the little boy. He took the hat and placed it on his head and turned to admire himself in the mirror.

As he was looking in the mirror, he heard the door open and through a ray of bright light, a man entered the room. But, this was not just a man -- he was more than a man. He was an Airborne Ranger.

The little boy turned and went over to the soldier. As he approached him, he could see the reflection in his boots. His eyes widened as he stared up at the soldier's chest full of medals and combat ribbons. He tried to speak, but he couldn't. Finally, he took a deep breath, and managed to say, "Excuse me, Sir. Are you an Airborne Ranger?"

The Ranger replied with a thunderous voice, "Why yes, I am!! Would you like to shine my boots?"

The little boy smiled, and said, "Oh, no sir!! I'm not a Marine. I'm just wearing his hat!"

2. 99dragon99

99dragon99 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

OOHHHHH! That is good!

3. White Rook

White Rook G&G Evangelist

That it too funny.....

4. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

5. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    The major difference between Airborne and the Corps:

In the Airborne, first you've got to go through basic training. Then the Army sends you to Fort Benning to brainwash you into jumping out of a perfectly functioning airplane. After that, assuming you survive, maybe they send you to Ranger school. If you survive that, they give you a beret of a different color and tell you you're a Ranger, one of the elite who goes places first and fights whoever doesn't want you to have them until the regular Army pukes show up.

Or in other words, after all that expensive Army training you will be on a par with a Marine fresh out of Boot Camp who hasn't has time for the nap on his pickle suit to wear down so he can put a proper crease in it yet.

I'm just joking, but there IS a reason we have a Marine Corps. I think you can tell whose side I'm on.

6. Robertm

Robertm G&G Regular

O c d

Hey Ninja Piper
    Did you ever notice that the person that tells us that we have O C D,
    are usually messy as hell?

7. jmp8927

jmp8927 G&G Evangelist

I was going to say something along those lines, but you're more elegant.

8. SwedeSteve

I love all my fellow brothers in arms, but it is nice to poke fun as we always do !! What noise do you hear when 5 lbs of dung gets slung through a fan ?? MA'reen !!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  9. Tracer

Tracer G&G Aussie Dad

ha ha sent this to my jar head buddy

10. Bob Clark

Bob Clark Suspended

When I was a kid growing up on a small farm, I could tell who the Marines and the Army guys were during deer season by the gunshots.

The army guys used 20-gauge smoothbores and would get their deer with one shot. The marines would use scoped, rifled 12-gauges and have to reload their Auto-5's to get a yearling, but couldn't eat half of it because it was so blood-shot. One actually had to shoot one 10 times to kill it. His brother, one of the army guys, gave him hell for years over that one:)

11. don5544

don5544 G&G Evangelist

Somebody is hunting for a fight with this line of thinking.

12. FortyXDM

FortyXDM G&G Evangelist Staff Member

I have a friend (General Jimmy Joy Ret. USMC) who when ask 30 years ago what service he was in, gave you the prompt reply: "The crotch".

13. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

All kidding aside....among all the fighting men in the world...ANY US fighting man is heads and tales above the rest of the armed services of the world!

Like they said back during the Iran hostage crisis..."Let them guys go or we will send a troop of our Boy Scouts with BB guns over there to kick your arse!"

14. SwedeSteve

don5544- Have you been in the military ??
    LOL Forty !!