Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I've been looking at those for almost a year, just what I need another rimfire. The first ones sold at list, but I see the price is coming down. My wife, yes, I'll buy it for my wife, good idea Larry, thanks.

·
Premium Member
30,672 Posts
i'll buy one for my future ex wife.

·
Registered
11,239 Posts
Three questions

1. Are the sights any good? That is, are they crude military for hitting in a general area/torso target or can you do some quality target work with them?

2. Can you mount a scope on the rifle/does it come with base and rings?

3. What about the trigger pull as it might be a heavy military pull?

This really might be a very high quality gun but it might be prudent to get some gun magazine articles written and read before buying.

Good luck and good shooting.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1. Are the sights any good? That is, are they crude military for hitting in a general area/torso target or can you do some quality target work with them?

2. Can you mount a scope on the rifle/does it come with base and rings?

3. What about the trigger pull as it might be a heavy military pull?

... all of which I am used to and would not put a scope on a carbine like this...

I've never seen a bad quality H&K ...

·
Registered
11,239 Posts
O.K. - but

You stated you are buying this for your wife.

What has she contended with and why would that with which you have contended necesarily work for her? Iron sights might work for you but what about her visual situation?

[email protected] is high quality, I agree, yet their designs are not for everyone.

After all, we are in the 21st century. It should be her decision as to what she wishes to shoot.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You stated you are buying this for your wife.

What has she contended with and why would that with which you have contended necesarily work for her? Iron sights might work for you but what about her visual situation?

[email protected] is high quality, I agree, yet their designs are not for everyone.

After all, we are in the 21st century. It should be her decision as to what she wishes to shoot.
Do you actually think I'd not let my wife shoot whatever she wants? I don't attempt to control my wife... so you are aware nathangdad...

Guess I should have mentioned that it was her ... who brought this H&K to my attention... not the other way around. She shoots whatever she wants...

She shoots the guns I have ... which incidentally... are almost (sans the Ruger 10/22) are all military firearms. She is just as used to these as most people are.

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
Interesting, Larry...don't you want to get one for yourself first so you can check it out before you get one for the wife? <wink with a snicker>

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting, Larry...don't you want to get one for yourself first so you can check it out before you get one for the wife? <wink with a snicker>
Eh, we share the guns anyway... except for the M14, she doesn't like that one...

·
Registered
953 Posts
The gun is fantastic, I havnt bought one yet but I have handled 3 of them. The gun store I work at sells them faster than you can order them. The sights look like hk mp5 sights, infact everything looks identical to the mp5. All the customers who have bought one says they are acuratem, and yeas you can mount a scope on it. There is a rail on top of the receiver. Everything looks and feels solid with this gun, thank god the price is coming down. After I buy my next rifle, I will problably pick this one up.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Is the barrel really that short? Isn't that really illegal?
Barrel length on the GSG-5 rifle is 16.25 inches including the faux suppressor which surpasses federal requirements making it legal to own by anyone.

... anyone finding these for under 500.00?

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have to say this is a very cool rifle. If I ever see one, I might just buy it. $500 for a good 22 rifle, not a problem. But it has to be GOOOD!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Barrel length on the GSG-5 rifle is 16.25 inches including the faux suppressor which surpasses federal requirements making it legal to own by anyone.

... anyone finding these for under 500.00?
No I havn't seen them for under 500, I beleive the price we are selling them for is 545.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i just bought one here in saskatoon sask. canada for under $400.00 canadian without scope of course!. I love my 10/22 . at the indoor gun range it jammed twice ,bending the bullets 45 degrees!!. after that it worked great

1 - 15 of 15 Posts