Astra SxS 12guage shotguns

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by irish murphy, May 5, 2008.

1. I have a Astra SxS 12guage shotgun.One of the firing pins has broken.Just wondering if you fellas have this brand in the states?And if so are parts easy to get?

I have also posted this in the shotgun forum for a bit more exposure.If it comes down to it ill have to make one and get it heat treated or just get a mate(smith) to make one.Havent pulled the gun apart yet.Should be some fun.

2. Irish, is there a number with SXS or anything? How about Astra 600 or something like that? Anyhow, try here.
    Astra | Numrich Gun Parts Corp. | e-GunParts.com

I think that might be only for pistols/revolvers though my friend. Just noticed that. Could be wrong though, who knows?

3. Ill have to check that out.Get back to you.Do you have astra firearms over there?They are spanish i think or is it brazilian.

4. No I don't, and yes, they are Spanish. I've heard the name before though. I mean, I'm sure someone in this country may have or own one, but I don't lol

Good luck with it my friend. I have a feeling you'll be making or having someone make one, or a few to have spares on hand. One breaks, mean another just might?

5. Murphy I've looked at many sites for parts for a Astra side by side shotgun.
    What model is it and couldn't you make the fireing pin ?

6. Not sure of the model yet,its not where i am at the moment.I can probably make a pin.Havent pulled it appart yet mate.

7. I'm finding plenty of parts for Astra pistols but nothing for shotguns.

Mooseman may have a book he can look in. I'll try to keep this thread a live.

I did see some Astra shotguns for sale at auction sites.

I tried Google and my faviorite Ask.com at Ask.com type in what you want and normaly it has it.

I'm off to bed it's 3:47 in morning here, I fell a sleep in my recliner this evening and woke up at around 10 pm so maybe I can go to sleep again.
    Mike

8. Hahahahhahahahah go to bed you silly bugger

9. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

Murphy,
    I have a good assortment of firing pins but I would need the dimensions as an Astra is not listed...Doesn't mean I don't have it though !
    Rich

10. Way to go Mooseman ! :fest30: I was hopeing you might be of some help to Murphy.
    I hope you have a pin that works...A.H

11. Once i get it out ill measure it.Thanks mooseman.Ill pull it down tonight.

12. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

Here are some of what I have...
    MVC-008S.JPG
    Rich

13. Thanks rich,i got it mostly pulled down tonight.The retaining screw for the broken firing pin looks like the reason it might have broken.Someone has replaced a pin before on the other side too.The broken sides retaining screw is wound in too far and has bad thread damage,making it difficult to pick up the thread again.It looks like the original pin,nice and round on the end.The other side has been replaced with something a bit softer by the looks.The primer contact side is flat and the back end that the hammer hits is out of shape.The broken pin looks like it is still round.I guess this might be useless info unless you could actually see what im talking about.I am going to get some pics of the pins once i bring my screw driver set home from work and get the other pin out.The broken one is going to be interesting to get out.

14. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

Ok..I'l wait for you to get the original one out and measure it...
    OA Length, thickness, slot width, distance from rear to slot...
    I hope I can make your Day , Mate!
    Rich

15. Only thing i forgot to measure was the diameter of the pins,will do so tomorrow mate

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]