Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe you could have taught it to hang it's self up before you shot it. LOL
I have shot one that almost fell right at the back of my truck. I had to drag it back into the woods to field dress it.
I'd like to shoot one that would gut, skin, cut up, grind, wrap itself, and put it in the freezer, but they seem a little to shy for all that

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I bounced a 12 ga slug right off an old does skull one time. It was probably 70 yards straight on, it flipped her over backwards and dropped her right there. Walked up to her and she was still breathing but not moving. You could see the hair and skin was gone and a cracked skull but it didn't penetrate into her brain.

Mouser sir, that will be some good eating. I can already smell those backstraps cooking on the grill and a little homemade bambi chili this winter to keep you warm.

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bounced a 12 ga slug right off an old does skull one time. It was probably 70 yards straight on, it flipped her over backwards and dropped her right there. Walked up to her and she was still breathing but not moving. You could see the hair and skin was gone and a cracked skull but it didn't penetrate into her brain.

Mouser sir, that will be some good eating. I can already smell those backstraps cooking on the grill and a little homemade bambi chili this winter to keep you warm.
Just goes to show ya, woman are hard headed.

I'll be making summer sausage this weekend

1 - 13 of 13 Posts