attaching pictures

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by petrol, Sep 3, 2010.

1. petrol

petrol G&G Enthusiast

I wanted to post some pictures of my collection, but the attach files option isn't open. anyone else notice this?

2. 99dragon99

99dragon99 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

The entire advanced capabilities (i.e font, smileys, etc) aren't working for me. I'm running firefox 3.6.8 incase that helps...

3. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

Can you see this?

Attached Files:

4. billy

billy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

i use photobucket

5. petrol

petrol G&G Enthusiast

Yes thank you. Still no button to attach files.

6. Paper

Paper I can justify anything. Forum Contributor

Can you see this attached file?? It's a photo of an incomplete Jukebox..

[​IMG]

7. I do too.You can start a Photobucket account which you download your pic onto then link them to the site from there. I like using photobucket because I can link them any where, AND I can also ( to an extent) Edit the pics (crop them flip them ect.) to make them easier for posting if needed.

8. CopperniX

CopperniX G&G Hall Monitor Staff Member

paper thats one purdy jukebox.... what year is it and how plentiful is .30 carbine in your area?

9. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

Paper. I like the tunes!

10. 19cohiba75

19cohiba75 G&G Newbie

I am having the same trouble. Nothing above were you post is working !!!!!

11. big shrek

big shrek G&G Evangelist

Ok, here's my Picture Primer.

1. Click on User CP.
    2. Click on Pictures and Albums on the left side of the screen.
    3. Click on Add Album.
    4. Click on Upload Pictures.
    5. Three BROWSE buttons will appear, click each one in turn and find pics you like, choose one by clicking OPEN.
    6. Click Upload Pictures centered below those Browse buttons.
    7. Wait...it'll take a few minutes, G&G has the slowest pic loading times I've ever seen...but it WORKS :D
    8. The next screen will show you your pics, and you can then put a caption on each one.
    9. Click on Save Changes button.

You can Edit your pics and change which one is your Album Cover whenever you feel like it.

Once you've reached the Max number of pics, it'll take away the Upload Pics button.

12. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Attached Files:

13. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Oxford, the problem to which Petrol is referring to is that the "Manage Attachments" button is intermittenly not appearing on the page. There are on going errors causing some of the features not to load. Have had several occassions when numerous Red X's would be on the page where usuable features should be. I also have encountered several instances where the "Yellow triangle would appear at the lower left when a page was loading, followed with a message that it was 'done with errors on page'.

It seems these problems originated about the time all the G&G forums got dumped into Powder Keg when they were attempting to get politics out of the keg. !!!!!

14. billy

billy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

it works for me.

Attached Files:

15. petrol

petrol G&G Enthusiast

Billy, That signature/ animation is brilliant.
    chazam, that is exactly the problem
    and now it looks like it's been fixed so (drum roll) who wants to see my california collection?

Attached Files:

16. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

ChaZam...thanks for your comment. On occasion I have had to go to "Edit" first...and from there I was able to go to "Advanced Options" where "manage" was shown. Maybe that would work.

Ox