close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Attended the Concert of a Lifetime Last Night

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Kmcdowell, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Kmcdowell

Kmcdowell G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Omaha NE
    I had the opportunity to see Tommy Emmanuel in concert last night in Lincoln, NE. As a budding guitar player myself, I believe him to be the finest guitar player alive on the face of the earth today. For your listening and viewing pleasure, I have attached a couple wonderful YouTube videos of Tommy performing at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville.

2. FortyXDM

FortyXDM G&G Evangelist Staff Member

KM - Been a fan since seeing him at Sheldon Hall over 15 years ago. Here is that performance. If you'll fast forward to the 45.01 mark, he shows folks how he thumb picks the base and gives a little lesson. He follows that with Windy & Warm... Enjoy

Kmcdowell, neophyte, rockman7 and 2 others like this.

3. FortyXDM

FortyXDM G&G Evangelist Staff Member

Also on the above you might want to Google Julian Lennon's cut of "Saltwater" then FF to 1:09:30 to see Tommy's performance of same. He follows it with John Lennon's "Imagine" Pretty stunning.

Kmcdowell, Earl Easter and Jaison like this.
  4. gsbuickman

gsbuickman G&G Evangelist

Thanks, your right, that ol' boy ain't half bad. I have a sneaky suspicion he cut his teeth on the banjo but my dad was more into plucking than I am. However, when it comes to good technical guitar playing it doesn't get much better than the Masters like Joe Satriani, Jimi Hendrix, Steve Vai & Jim Byrnes :) .

5. Wicked109

Wicked109 G&G Evangelist

I like guitar music including this one...

neophyte and Earl Easter like this.
  6. Wicked109

Wicked109 G&G Evangelist

You'll recognize the Tunes

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    neophyte likes this.
  7. Earl Easter

Earl Easter Pheasant Hunter Forum Contributor

FortyXDM introduced me to his style oh maybe 7 years ago. Ever since he has been a favorite
    of mine also. The song "Angelina" is one of my many favorites along with many others. Glad to hear that you took the opportunity to go to his concert Kmcdowell, it would be one that I would attend when he gets to Pennsylvania in February 2018 around the Penn State area......
    His brother Phill is also a good musician and can rip up the cords on his electric.

Thanks for posting Kmcdowell, I always enjoy listening!
    Earl

8. Kmcdowell

Omaha NE
    I
    I saw a live video of his where he said, let me introduce my bass player, Tom's Thumb.

FortyXDM likes this.
  9. Kmcdowell

Omaha NE
    I've seen the video of his concert from two years ago at the Ryman Auditorium and he is even better today than he was then. Most artists coast when they get to a certain age but it's obvious that Tommy is still working hard to continually improve. As we are both about the same age it inspires me to practice and get better.