ATV hunting

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by fireguy86, May 25, 2008.

1. fireguy86

fireguy86 G&G Newbie

With all the new models of ATV's out there, does it seem like to everyone else that they are being made cheaper and cheaper?

It seems like there are more and more plastic parts on them. The racks used to be metal, now plastic. Some used to have metal housing on the handlebar controls. Now there are no housings or they are plastic. Even the fenders are made of thinner plastic. You go over one wrong log while trying to get a downed animal out, and there goes your fender.

Am I the only one seeing this?

2. Kodiak32

Kodiak32 G&G Regular

I've noticed the same things over the years. At first I thought it was just weight reduction, but now I'm not so sure. Those plastic parts arent cheap to replace either.

3. Well the way i figure my bike(a rancher 350) with the bull bars and the mud lites isn't gonna run ito much that'll hurt it.
    The only plastic damage i've ever heard was having my foot grate close in on my foot but i threw it in reverse and straightened it out, went home and replaced 2 rivets so it's really not much of a problem for me

4. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

i figure it's to cut down on the weight of the machine being they keep putting bigger engines on them.