close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Autoloaders

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by BattleRifleG3, May 11, 2002.

Whadaya want?

1. 30-06

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. 35 Whelen

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. 358 Winchester

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. 7mm Rem Mag

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. 300 Win Mag

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. 300 WSM

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  7. 338 Win Mag

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  8. 375 H&H

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  9. 45-70

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  10. Other

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

So far the BAR has the monopoly on magnum autoloaders, with Remington as its only competitor for 30-06 based cartridges, and even then there are still a lot of cartridges not included. I'd like to know if anyone really would like to see more higher powered autoloaders. I'd be interested in ones that feed from BAR hi-caps or post-ban 10 rounders.
    So what sayeth everyone? And what would you use one for? I'd think they'd be desirable to those in serious game control or for hunting dangerous game. Also just to have and shoot.
    I guess they haven't been popular because most high powered cartridges are expensive and more designed for one shot/one kill.
    But even if you don't shoot it every week, it could still be nice. At least impressive.

2. BattleRifleG3

Just so you all know, you can check as many as you want.

3. squirrelsniper

squirrelsniper G&G Newbie

As far as what "other" calibers I'd like to see in an autoloader, I'd like to see one chambered for the 300 Ultra Mag. I'm not sure that I'd really have a use for it, but it would sound pretty cool to say that I had an autoloader chambered in 300RUM.:full:

4. BattleRifleG3

I thought about that, but the pressure would be pretty darn high and tolerances would have to be tighter. Though yeah, it would be pretty cool.

5. squirrelsniper

squirrelsniper G&G Newbie

Yeah, it would be more difficult to build an autoloader in 300RUM than it would be to build one in smaller calibers, but I figure that if they can build them in 50BMG then surely to goodness they can build one in 300RUM. Of course it might cost almost as much as a 50BMG too:(

6. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

With a rotating bolt and gas piston, you can make a semiautomatic for any cartridge from 9mm on up.

7. BattleRifleG3

Two years later I'm designing a semi-auto in rounds up to 300 Wby Magnum. I think Wby would be better in an autoloader than RUM due to the case shape.