close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Avitars??

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Oxford, Apr 16, 2002.

1. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Chris: Now that I've got over 100 entries I'm wanting to use an Avitar. Under your
    "frequently Asked Questions" the statement indicates there will be avitars available to
    select from provided by the administrators. About a month ago I sent you an inquiry
    on this same subject and you indicated that eventualy, when you got more time, that
    providing a list of avitars was on your to do list.

Is that plan still in place? I'm not that familiar with computers or I would create one
    myself. I am hoping to be able to click on one from a listing. Is that still your plan.

Thanks for all the work setting up and running this forum. I've really enjoyed it and
    usually am on several times each day.

Thanks again,

Oxford

2. Armorer

Armorer Guest

Dude,

Make yer own. It ain't hard. Heck it's easier than tearing down an M-60 blind folded :) (to Armorer level)

Find you a PIC. Using ANY graphics program. YOu can shrink it to 50x50 picels (100x100 they made it bigger :) and 2k bites.

Then stick it in your profile and POOF! it's there.

Mine is from a comic book cover form just before TET in 69'. Using a picture instead of a drwaing works better.

If you have a pic and can't figure out how to shrinkem down. post the pic or e-mail it and one of us can do it for you.

You will have to post it in your profile.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2002

3. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Armorer: Sounds simple enough. I'll work on it ASAP.

Thanks for the procedure.

Oxford

4. Armorer,

How do you reduce the pixels?

Thanks,

5. Armorer

Armorer Guest

You need a graphics program. One as simple as LView, or as complcated as Photoshop. Go to your search engine and check around for a free one. Lview Pro is free for 30 days. Use it once, then throw it away.

As to the nuts and bolts of doing it. Your drag and drop your pic into the program. FInd the "size" option. Set it for pixels, then 50x50.

Everyone I have done has ended up 2k or smaller, and the forum gods have let it be attached to my personnel file.

If you have a problem, or are techno challaged. Post the pic here, and I can shrink it and re-post it.

6. One trick I have stumbled across is if you take and put your cursor or pointer on a graphic, right click and go to 'save picture as' feature...click and you can save that graphic to hard drive file.

It works on nearly any graphic on any site. To try it out...click on the VBulletin logo on the home page of this site......works.

So, you can search the web and if you find a cute and unoffensive graphic small enough to post...you can do it.

The only thing I haven't figured out is if you do it that way I don't know of a way to resize the pixels....yet.

7. Armorer

Armorer Guest

Yo Dale,

That's how I got all these, then just make them small.

What I want to know is why your doesn't work?

8. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

9. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    allright guys, im way technically challenged, but i found a pic. id like to use. now im smart enough that i can save the pic to my computer but beyond that im lost-someone want to take me by the hand and help me out!:confused:

10. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Ok Armorer, or any other computer proficient g&g.com fan, I've got a graphic on the end of my cursor (I think) for my avitar but I don't know how to "drop it into the program", as you stated.

I've looked under my User Profile and couldn't find any place to download the avitar.

What am I doing wrong?

Oxford:confused:

11. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Right click on the image, save it to your desktop. Go to user cp and then select "edit options". Click "change avatar". You will see all the custom avatars Chris uploaded... under this you will see "upload personal avatar" and "browse" click "browse" and select: desktop, then find your image on the desktop. Select that image to upload then press enter... this should change your avatar to your personally selected image. Post or e-mail if you have any problems. Sorry this took so long.

Jesse

12. Chris

Just upload the picture to this thread via the reply button, and I will drop it in one of my programs and do it if ya wish :)

13. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Chris/Jesse: I've finally got an avitar (a stupid spider) to show up but I'm still looking for a gun related one that I like better.

Also, I tried getting a signature message to show up but so far have been unsuccessful in getting it to work.

Oxford

14. Chris

Well,
    I am trying to find gun related avatars, its not my first choice to have Simpsons as avatars, or star wars mind you :)

15. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Gun related avatars

Chris:

Thanks for hooking up my "signature" statement, or whatever it's called.

I found lots of gun related Avatars in my Microsoft Word pictures files but I haven't been able to move them to G&G.Com yet due to my lack of computer technical knowledge.

Oxford:D

16. Chris

Its an Avatar, for future reference :)

17. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    i am so stupid, i am so stupid, i try i try, and try, but i can not get 1 simple little picture out of my computer and into this site-who said computers make life easier-just more frustrating :confused: :confused: :confused: :assult: :confused: grrrrrr...................................................................................!!!!!!

18. Armorer

Armorer Guest

>>>I am trying to find gun related avatars, its not my first choice to have Simpsons as avatars, or star wars<<<

Ok It's firearm related :)

To many freakin Simpsons anyway!

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2002
  19. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Armorer,
    Try www.supersiteusa.com
    You may have to resize to the required 100x100 for avitars, there are a load of pics here.

20. GoGop

GoGop G&G Newbie

If this loads, could someone size it for me?

Attached Files: