Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cbs13.com - Legislative committee considers bill to confront school shootings

"PHEONIX (AP) ― A committee of the Arizona Legislature is weighing arguments made today over a proposal to let people with permits to carry concealed weapons bring guns to K-12 schools, community colleges and universities."

Ah-hah. I mentioned this in the mall-shooting thread last week; the notion that the fact that a mass-shooter is unstoppable in a "gun free" zone until LEOs arrive may actually force logic to start prevailing.

- Coeloptera

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
About dang time, but how far will it go?

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Boy I hope so. I am tired of seeing our innocents murdered.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
At least legislation like this is being proposed, that is a good sign.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,358 Posts
Okay, the legislature in Arizona is thinking about it. How do those of us who don't live in Arizona go about pushing the AZ legislators toward passing a bill allowing CCW in school? (Which, you notice, would do away with one of the all-you-can-kill buffet areas in Arizona. This would be a good thing.)

If Arizona proves the concept, we can then go about working to do away with the no-guns-in-schools rule elsewhere. Probably won't help here in New York; but fortunately most of the rest of the country is sane. Such a law would help other states keep students safe.

·
Premium Member
18,914 Posts
Don't give up hope, Cyrano. Most folks will rally to the banner when it's proven that something works. Hopefully this will bleed over into other states who need the law passed!!!!

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm glad this is happening. I want to see what track the legislation starts taking there and see who I can bother in my state. Fortunately, NV is pretty "gunshine" so I'll have to see what the local laws are at the current time first.

- Coeloptera

·
Registered
980 Posts
Remember when Florida got CCW? not long after that crime went down and crooks started attacking only tourist because citzens where now armed. wasnt long before most states passed CCW law also. If we can get one stated to pass then most will follow shortly after.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
At least legislation like this is being proposed, that is a good sign.
... and we'll see just who in politics is more interested in plugging their career than saving innocent people by allowing them to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights.

This will be interesting, especially in an election year. To trust the people... or not to trust the people, is the question.

·
Registered
953 Posts
LOL I went to a dangerous school number1 for violence in our school district (yeah for me) I was always armed with something gun knives (yes plural usualy 3) so was every one else. Only the teachers wernt packing lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts