close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

B.O.B.'s

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by wes, May 24, 2002.

1. wes

wes G&G Newbie

I'm putting together a "new and improved" bob, what do you guy's keep in yours? (besides clean underwear):rolleyes:

2. plenty of ammo. flash light, water, a few MRE's, camp knife axe combo, rope, fire starter, triox fuel bars, mulity vitamins, GPS, binoculars, copys of all the social security cards and birth certificates, first aid kit(with feminin stuff)(they make good bandages too) dry clothes(two sets) small radio, bateries, solar bat charger, toliet paper, polor fleace slepping bags, a couple emergencey blankets(silver) a pack of hand warmers, some cover sent(more for hunting for food than anything eles) a pocket calander, cell phone and cleaning kit for the hand guns and rifles.
    It all wieghs about 85 lbs (standard pack load) I keep it all in an ruck with frame in the closet by the back door. the wife and kid also have similar packs in there but neither one of thiers wiegh more than 30lbs. I should put more in my sons, kid is growing llike a bad weed and is prety strong now I think he could handle another 10 to 15 lbs of ammo or something. all three packs have a rifle and hand gun that go with them and the wife and kids have a min. of 100 rnds for each.
    I know it sounds like a camping trip load and it just about is. I thsi part of NY it only takes about 5 to 10 min and I can have the family safely hiden in a semi remote wooded area of south western NY or North western PA. we figured out ours by a test run ( the kid loved it, wife hated it) we grabed the bags and out the door in 2min.flat set up in a remote area for a week. when we got home anything we didn't use came out and anthing we used got doubled and even added one or two more(toilet paper was one, the feminin stuff was the other) Like I said she hated it.Good luck with yours.

3. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Thanks Colt,a few things there I over-looked,I also have a small fishing kit and a roll-up hammock,they can be real handy.

4. Maybe thats what I'll put in the kids bag.