close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Back to the basics

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by BenP, Jul 26, 2002.

1. BenP

BenP G&G Newbie

Started going back to the gym this week. Can't believe how out of shape I am. I used to play rugby and could climb 30 feet of rope with just my hands. I sure have a long way to go to get caught up again.

My daughter came in to workout with me last night. She's the one that plays varsity football, starting left offensive tackle. Needless to say, she can outdo me on the freeweights right now.

I'm gonna work up to running 4 miles a day 5 times a week. That oughtta do me some good. I'm also gonna increase my strength enough to be able to pack my weight around on my back through the brush and brambles. It's amazing how easy it is to use an injury as an excuse for laziness. My left shoulder will never heal, but that shouldn't keep me from maintaining the rest of my body. I shoulda never let myself get this soft. Now I'm gonna pay.

You gotta be in pretty good shape to survive out in the boonies. Just survivin off the land is the hardest job most of us have never known. Winter is the toughest. Food and fire are hard to keep going then. Ammo supplies don't last forever. Anyone here think they can make weapons from natural sources that'll last and be effective? I bet some of us could at that. How about how to keep food without refrigeration or canning? Anyone here eat pemmicin on a regular basis?

We here can't be the only ones that see the problems that are starting to avalanche. I wonder how many of us there are out there who are worried about what's going on.