Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My marlin 60 .22lr has been acting up latley. I have cleaned it spotless and oiled it, but about 30 shots later it starts to fail. Misfires, no cycling, and inconsistant sound. I don't know why the sound is inconsistant because all shots hit the target and somtimes it cycles through it. It is not bad ammunition either, they are brand new federals and I have also used them before, it was also doing this with a new pack of thunderbolts. I know weather cannot be affecting it because I have shot in colder weather for a couple hundred rounds and it hasn't done this. I was wondering if you have any ideas of what could be wrong. I also checked for a bulging rim. There is none.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,353 Posts
How old is it? The feedblock can wear out after several years of shooting. Numrich has replacements. Also, did you clean the inside of the magazine tube?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could it be a bad spring. That may explain everything, since it is a straight blowback gun

·
36,353 Posts
That skinny recoil spring can get kinked, if care isn't taken in reassembly. I accidentally did that to my 99M1 carbine. It glitches occasionally too.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the spring isn't kinked but I do put a lot of rounds through the gun. So It may just be weakened. I've had it for about a year and its semi auto. So i probably have shot a couple thousand through it.
Would a weak spring cause this?

·
36,353 Posts
Possibly. A new spring won't be very expensive to replace.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts