Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
“The front page of the New York Times has increasingly become the home of editorials disguised as "news" stories. Too often it has become the home of hoaxes,” writes Thomas Sowell.

More...

·
Registered
11,239 Posts
Agree

At the university where I am employed the daily national
edition of the New York Times is set out for all to pick up
free of charge. Therefore, I browse through it five times a
week.

You are correct - it is no longer really all the news that's
fit to print (their classic statement). Sadly, it is
all too often what ties into the editorial page. Therefore,
I take their front page with a huge grain of salt, so to speak.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
None of the media news or newspapers are reliable sources of news anymore.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Fortunately, most people see the New York Times for what it is... especially after all of the high profile "lies" they are printing AS news.

Only Liberal Democrats view The New York Times as a reputable news source.

The New York Times is garbage, toilet paper, etc. plain and simple.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Fortunately, most people see the New York Times for what it is... especially after all of the high profile "lies" they are printing AS news.

Only Liberal Democrats view The New York Times as a reputable news source.

The New York Times is garbage, toilet paper, etc. plain and simple.
FIRESTARTER

LOL

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,358 Posts
The New York Times... is no longer really all the news that's fit to print (their classic statement). Sadly, it is
all too often what ties into the editorial page.
Too right you are! As far as I am concerned, the Sulzbergers ought to change the motto of their liberal-leftist rag to "All the news that fits, we print." 'Fits' meaning "anything that fits into the leftist agenda we espouse, we will print as if it were fact instead of lies."

One of my favorite bits in Tom Clancy's Executive Orders is when a college student confronts a TV anchor who is trying to come to terms with the fact that he had been had by a scumbag politician gunning for President Jack Ryan and used to put out false information that made Ryan look like a fascist. The college student and his family were sort of under Ryan's guardianship as a result of an incident in one of the earlier books in the series. The college student didn't much like what the anchor had done to Ryan.

He asks the TV personality one very simple question, which in my opinion sums up how all Americans should feel about the mainstream media, given how frequently they lie and slant their coverage of things:

"Why should I trust you? You're reporters."

That one sentence says it all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts