close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ballesta molina???????????

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by ReRide, Mar 26, 2002.

1. ReRide

ReRide G&G Newbie

nebr
    except for the grip safety how close a copy is this?
    how many of the parts will inter change?

2. ReRide, Looks similar, but that's about it. Offhand, I don't think any parts will interchange.

3. Reride, some parts will interchange, some won't. The slide, barrel,barrell bushing, recoil spring and guide are some that will. The Ballester Molina is a good inexpencieve gun to have arround. You can give it to 5 people to hold and all 5 will say it is comfortable to hold. Wierd...

4. rhett

rhett G&G Newbie

One thing about the BM's you will not need to change many parts.
    I have owned 1911's and several Molina's and all the Molina's
    have been utterly dependable with never a failure to fire with any ammo including, of course, hollowpoints.
    A fine - inexpensive-not cheap-handgun.
    :)

5. trapfreek

trapfreek G&G Newbie

Re-Ride , according to JLD's web site the only parts that are interchangable are the barrel and the magazine.

6. rhett

rhett G&G Newbie

Let's see barrel bushing link, link, link pin, recoil guide, recoil plug
    recoil spring and the magazine and barrel.
    Not hard to alter the frame to use 1911 style grips.
    Anyway probably a few more I can't think of at the moment.
    As I said tho a good inexpensive pistol.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2002
  7. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I CONCUR WITH RHETT, I HAVE A CURIO & RELICS LICENSE AND RECENTLY BOUGHT A MOLINA THAT WAS ARSENAL REFINISHED FOR 209.00 $ FROM SOUTHERN OHIO GUN THROUGH THE MAIL. IT SEEMS TO BE A FAIRLY DECENT GUN THAT I BOUGHT TO JUST TOSS AROUND I.E. THROW UNDER MY TRUCK SEAT,TAKE CAMPING, ETC.

8. rhett

rhett G&G Newbie

Ah another man who appreciates a firearm for what it is ! I've several thousand in a custom 1911 but this Molina piece does the trick cheaply.
    Regards,
    Rhett:target:

9. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

RHETT, I ALSO HAVE A VERY NICE SPRINGFIELD ARMORY PORTED V-12 STAINLESS BUT THE MOLINA IS GOOD FOR WHAT ITS UNTENDED FOR CHEAP BUT RELIABLE AND IF YOU GET A SCRATCH ON IT NO BOO-HOOS!

Last edited: May 5, 2002
  10. I got my "arsenal refinshed" and it looked so good I could'nt believe it. THEN I took it to the range AARRRGGGG 17 yards, bench/sandbag - 8" groups took it home and inspected barrel and found it badly pitted and oversized (shot out?) Well, for about $80 I installed new barrel and new bushing and back to the range AAHHH 17 yards bench/sandbag ----one ragged hole.

It has never failed to chamber and extract. I have tried ball, UMC
    hollow point and Golden Saber Hollow points. An accurate, no frills, reliable .45acp for $300 after repairs.

It's a piece you could bet your life on.

Thinking very seriously about getting another.

Last edited: May 13, 2002
  11. Michael M

Michael M G&G Newbie

I agree that these are nice, inexpensive surplus pistols. Mine is also arsenal refinish from SOG. Very reliable, under 2" at 50', the sites could be much better, trigger is about what I expected from service pistol. I think they are a real bargain. Did bean me pretty good a couple of times, and the case hits with a real thump when it is between the eyes.

12. rhett

rhett G&G Newbie

And the only thing I had modified. New -see able-sights !
    Well,I did have a woodwrrking shop cut me out a nice set of grips that I finished.:target: