Ballistic Tables

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by xSephirothx, Sep 20, 2010.

1. xSephirothx

xSephirothx G&G Newbie

Hi, I am not sure where to put this topic, so hopefully this will be good enough.

Anway I was curious if anyone used a ballistic program to create a ballistic chart for their caliber. I have been looking online and found an older program called Shoot V 3.2 and I had the 30 day trial. What you can all input is:

1. Caliber 2. height of scope to center 3. grain of bullet 4. grains of powder 5. type of primer ( or choose from a bunch of factory ammunition from the program) 6. rate of twist 7. barrel length. 8. weight of gun

and a bunch of other things that I am probably missing or forgetting. anyway you choose your 'zero' and create a chart telling you your elevation up to 1000 yds, it can tell you your wind deflection depending on the speed of wind and at which direction it is coming from. It tells you your energy, bullet speed, and what you would need to do to correct your sight for example if you were zeroed at 200 yds, and then wanted to shoot at 700 yds.

Hopefully you get what I am trying to say, So what I am asking about is if anyone else uses such a program, and what you use since my 30 day free trail is up and I quite like it, but am not sure if there is something better out there and what I should pay for.

2. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Thanks for the link legba !!

3. xSephirothx

xSephirothx G&G Newbie

Wow, it looks fascinating, I will be definitely be spending some time on that website. Thanks a lot!