Bank Robbery the Easy Way

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Oct 9, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips Guest

Im not sure who is the Dumb @$$ here...the robber or the teller....course he did get away with it...

Bank Robbery the Easy Way

M E S A, Ariz. — For bank robbers in a hurry, try the drive-through teller window.

That's what a robber did at the Wells Fargo bank in Mesa on Oct. 4, escaping with an undisclosed amount of cash.

The man pulled up to the teller window and put a note in the vacuum-tube system.

"The male subject sent a demand in to the teller; she received it and complied," said Mesa Police Detective Tim Gaffney.

After receiving the cash through the vacuum tube, the robber sped off in a red and white sport utility vehicle.

The teller complied despite being protected behind bulletproof glass. She didn't see a weapon or catch sight of the suspect's face, or even the specific make and model of his car.

"Her view was obstructed so she didn't see the vehicle," said Gaffney.

2. Cool. A bank that gives money away for the asking.

3. Klaus

Klaus Guest

Sounds far-fetched. I may be overly skeptical, but it sounds like an inside job to me. The driver of the car was probably a friend.

4. Stewart

Stewart Guest

Hmmmmmm I think I would have some serious questions for Ms. Bank Teller.

5. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

What about the security camera?

6. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

if i was to go into a bank and ask the teller to empty the money into the bag. but never mention that this is a bank robbery and i don't show a weapon . is it considered a bank robbery if she puts the money in a bag for me and i leave.

7. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Talk about DUH!!! :hmmm: