Bar

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by willys, Sep 15, 2002.

1. willys

willys Guest

I have a BAR high power ( hunting rifle, not the BAR ) I need to sell it, to buy more Garands. I was told the average price for one in good shape is around 650.

Can anyone tell me if this is close to what it should sell for.

thanks
    Joe

2. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Sound's about right to me, based off what I have seen on the gunbroker.com a while back, but what caliber is it. If it's the gun I'm thinking about....is it synthetic or wood stock? Iron sight or scoped?

3. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

I think the proper designation is Browning High Power, or Browning A-Bolt, or something like that, but not BAR. I'm not sure what your exact model is, if it's current or discontinued. I always thought the Browning High Power was the double stack semi-auto pistol.

4. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

I believe he's talking about the Browning auto-loader rifle. Not the A-Bolt or the High-Power pistol. It comes in 30-06 and .308 and what not. I looked at one because I am a lefty. Decided against it because it has a short barrel on it. More of a carbine length as I remember....

5. willys

willys Guest

Thanks,

It has the sights, but has a scope mount on it. It is the auto loading rifle, not the pistol. It is chambered in 308, and does have a short barrel. ( 20" )

6. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

Oh, duh, I looked at the post again and must have misremembered "hunting rifle" as bolt action.