close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Barrel Matching

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by capegator, Apr 22, 2002.

1. capegator

capegator G&G Newbie

How do I find out if my barrel matches my receiver? I have a lot of stamping on the top of the barrel so I don't think It is a match to my SA 445XXX receiver. Can someone help with reading barrel markings? I am new to Garands

2. capegator

capegator G&G Newbie

:D Thanks to all the people who viewed my Questions. I was able to locate the infomation at another web site on barrel matching (Mine does match) I still need help with markings on barrel top (BNP 18 TUNSPER ) Thanks

3. JackT

JackT G&G Newbie

I'm not sure about those abbreviations, but often additional marks on barrells are inporter's stamps. This suggests the rifle was reimported back into the USA after it was given away for foreign aid, etc.

4. John Mclean

John Mclean G&G Newbie

It passed through GB

Those are Bittish proof markings, shows it went through england at least on its way to being reimported into the US

5. Barrel date

So what was the date on the barrel? Late-1941? Did the other parts match?

6. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

You better go get the American Rifleman this month with the article by Scott Duff in it on this particular rifle. You will learn allot about that rifle and its worth. Rick B

7. capegator

capegator G&G Newbie

Both receiver and barrel were made in 1/42. Stock markings seam to match to. Very hard to read the whole marking on the stock but S A is readable in tne mark. Also has a " P " under the hand grip. Stock has a hint of red paint on it . Thanks for all the help .