close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

bauer firearms corporation

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by psycho dad, Jul 17, 2002.

1. psycho dad

psycho dad G&G Newbie

this company was located in fraser, michigan. they produced a twenty five caliber automatic. it was a copy of the browining twenty five caliber produced in belgium at le fabrique nationale. does anyone have any experience or knowledge of this weapon.

2. mec

mec Guest

I found the pre 68 browning's to be very reliable and bought one of the bauers back when they came out. Only have experience with the single bauer but the gun did very much suck. It was a reliable single shot but jammed on its guts there-after.

3. psycho dad

psycho dad G&G Newbie

thanks for the response mec, so what you are saying you can only get one round off that you can rely on. i am assuming the design is responsible for the jamming problem. i have an opportunity to get one and because of its size contemplating using it to carry concealed.

4. mec

mec Guest

experience only with one example. The design, in so far as it copies the baby browning, is fine. The little browings really worked. I suspect that if the bauers were all like the one I had, it was the quality control that was the problem. I believe the old Diana copy of the browning worked very well

5. I never could get a whole clip through with out it jamming. I gave it away. It was given to me--I can see why.

6. alselec

alselec G&G Newbie

Bauer 25 Magazine

Looking for some extra Bauer 25 magazines.

7. camitchellsr

camitchellsr G&G Newbie

Bauer 25 inquiry

I recently retrevied one of these firearms from my father. curious about its performance and need mags for it, can anyone help?

8. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    I have a Bauer .25 that works fine. The size makes it hard to shoot properly. Semi Auto's especially very small or very large ones need a propper grip to function properly. I got mine to malfunction by an impropper grip, then reveresed the results by changing grip a bit. Albeit I would not stake my life on such a notion, it's a neat conversation piece at the range.

9. acropolis90

acropolis90 G&G Newbie

I have a bayer&brevete revolver .30 with a serial num 1111 can any one guess its price

10. Jerry Rossman

Jerry Rossman G&G Newbie

I own one of these guns. It is the stainless steel model with pearl handle grips. It has a six bullet magazine and really shoots well.I have shot three boxes of shells and it has never jammed. If you go to NUMRICH Gun Corporation you can get a picture with all the parts list.

11. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Here is a shot of my Bauer .25 next to an old Norinco 1911 I had.

Attached Files:

• 2560.JPG
      2560.JPG
      File size:
      854.8 KB
      Views:
  12. NAM VET

NAM VET G&G Newbie

There is still a copy of the Baby Browning made today. The Company is called PSA...

Most of the Bauers, if you went through them and polished off all the burrs and whatnot, would work, but since you can still find used Brownings, why bother...Not really a very good self defense gun anyway.