bayonet for jungle carbine

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by ChesterGolf, Mar 15, 2002.

1. Does anybody know where I could get a quality bayonet and sling for my jungle carbine?

2. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

Check www.northridge.com. I've heard they have lots of Enfield items. Try Century Arms, also.

3. Are you sure of the web address? Mine opens up a company different than I would have expected. I'll try Century Arms.

4. Wiley455

Wiley455 G&G Newbie

Seems to me that I saw that Sarco had some original British manufactured No5 bayonets, as opposed to the Indian produced ones floating around now.

5. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

Sorry about that, Chester. The address is www.northridgeinc.com. I just checked their site, and they have the slings for $14.95. It says they're new slings. But, they didn't have the bayonet. Did you try Century Int'l yet?

6. Thanks for the help guys. I've located a sling but the bayonet eludes me. I won't give up on it though.

7. stew71

stew71 G&G Newbie

Bayonet Search

Hey Chester.....try Springfield Sporters....no web site tho..

Springfield Sporters, Inc.
    R.D. No. 1
    Penn Run, PA USA 15765
    Ph: (412) 254-2626

I bought my Enfield from them through their catalog and have been REALLY happy with it. Service is good and friendly. They have tons of stuff for the Enfield and its contemporaries.

Good luck!

8. stew71

stew71 G&G Newbie

Bayonet

Just as I hit Submit on my reply above, I remembered that I have the Springfield Sporter catalog right here. They show a bayonet w/ scabbard for the Enfield for $5.00. Must have bins of em in the warehouse.
    If memory serves, the Brits used the same spike bayonet for the carbine and #4. Give em' a try....

9. You can get one at IMA!

The #5 enfields take a different bayonet from the #4.
    I've seen them for sale at international military antiques,
    http://www.ima-usa.com/p49.html
    They're Ishapores, but pretty cheap, $69.95. It may sound like a lot but I've seen a good one go on EBay for a lot more. Good luck!

10. Thanks Oddbawl,

Just what I was looking for. The No.4 spike bayonets are everywhere but won't go over the flash hider. $69.99 is a good buy for the bowie type from what I understand. I didn't know that web site existing... has a lot of neat stuff on it. Thanks.

11. Yeah, they have a cool site, I want one! I'd better get a #5 first! I've got a line on a #5, and I've always liked them, how is it for shooting compared to the #4?

12. ChesterGolf,
    I see you're a Canuck too, let me know if you have any problems importing one of these and how IMA is to deal with, I'd like to get one in the future but I'm afraid customs might give the old jerk around.

13. I'll let you know how it goes. Those border crossings can be hell, especially now with the hyped security. A bayonet make make the crossing a bit difficult. My gun shoots great. We don't have many ranges in NS longer than 150 yds but she is real accurate out to that point. It's not MOA accuracy but way more than sufficient for target practice and hunting. I get 1 3/4" to 2" groups at these distances with the factory iron sights.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2002