Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
If that is true, then his TV career is toast, and it should be. He is not hunting for food or sport, he is hunting to sell videos. if true he stole the resource from the planet, including other hunters who might have wanted that one or one if it's offspring. There is always a second story, perhaps he was not sure where he was? 19 miles in Alaska is not much, but the law requires you to know where you are when you make the shot. I will withhold judgement for now.

·
Global Warming Enthusiast
4,253 Posts
That guy always comes off as a complete jackass to me.

There is always a second story, perhaps he was not sure where he was? 19 miles in Alaska is not much, but the law requires you to know where you are when you make the shot. I will withhold judgement for now.
He's always pimping one of those hunt location apps, there's no way he's 19 miles off course without knowing it.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
If that is true, then his TV career is toast, and it should be. He is not hunting for food or sport, he is hunting to sell videos. if true he stole the resource from the planet, including other hunters who might have wanted that one or one if it's offspring. There is always a second story, perhaps he was not sure where he was? 19 miles in Alaska is not much, but the law requires you to know where you are when you make the shot. I will withhold judgement for now.
Especially when shooting a Moose. The antler spread has to be a minimum to take a Moose.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
That guy always comes off as a complete jackass to me.

He's always pimping one of those hunt location apps, there's no way he's 19 miles off course without knowing it.
I understand the idea of making a living by hunting and selling videos, I get that. I even get the concept of calling yourself the Hog Man or Bear Whisperer. It creates a catchy brand name. But let's just realize that hunting bears over bait that someone else has put out year around, and you just book a hunt and show up and shoot the biggest one that shows up that day.....is not really an adventure hunt.

An Alaska hunt is a totally different deal. That is a put up or shut up deal. The bears are very wild and have a million miles to wander in brutal terrain. My guess is they had deadlines to meet and maybe killed one in a park where people go to see them, where they are not afraid of people. If so, he deserves the full penalty of the law and whatever loss of TV shows that happens. If a guy will lie about one deal, they will lie about another.

Many years ago my best bud and I camped in a remote area for a duck hunt. An old local guy from the area happened by and told us a funny story. There was a famous fishing show, I will not name the guy, but believe it, was doing a white bass show. He said they fished the cove where we camped. He fished from the bank and watched as they caught only one fish all morning. He said they passed the fish from guy to guy and from rod to rod to make it look real. He said they must have reeled and filmed that fish at least 50 times. That guy is a famous fishing personality. I believe it to be true, but I was not there.

There is a lot of hype in fishing and hunting shows in my opinion. Many of them are selling $10,000 hunts, so I do not have much interest in them. We have a guy about 80 miles from me that sells elk hunts for $3,500-$5,000. He claims a high success rate. Turns out he owns 350 acres next to a wildlife refuge. The elk are all shot within 50 yards, from a stand near a corn feeder. He has some great pictures, I will pass. Like shooting cows.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts