Gun and Game Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,984 Posts
Thanks guys. Didn’t mean to be a buzz kill. I can still feel my legs so think I’m good. I may be visiting the bone cracker tomorrow myself.
If I make those routine maintenance visits to my chiropractor, she does a pretty good job of keeping me from falling apart. If I skip a few visits then I start suffering the consequences. She might be smarter than me. LOL

·
Premium Member
9,521 Posts
Nice pics Jaison. Everything looks nicer in the snow. Good for seeing the critters far off and seeing their paths and trails. Is there any thickets around there Jaison. The deer usually will head into the thickets or mountain laurel and hide during bad weather.

·
Premium Member
9,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks, Randy!

Indeed, there are lots of thickets and laurel. The area is known for being rugged- too steep for pasture, poor soil, not enough water... Still has plenty of game.

It’s really a younger hunter’s area, but we take what we can get, huh?

·
Premium Member
4,636 Posts
Had an unexpected day to wander around the vales and glens of Bedford County today.

A few photos of the land I often hunt:

This is a waterfall not too far from the parking area.

View attachment 158424

The road usually taken. It splits about a quarter mile up and becomes two roads that diverge in the woods. I took the one less traveled by.

View attachment 158425

Starting to get into the scrub. Great cover for the smaller beasties. Lots of tracks throughout the brush.
View attachment 158426

Found an oddity in a flat area off of an old roadbed. Probably something related to the mining industry of the area.
View attachment 158428

This was taken at the foot of a slope

View attachment 158429

From right center, the remains of an old road bed. Hard to see unless someone is familiar with old roads in a forest.
View attachment 158430

The creek above is where I stopped and wandered back. The wind picked up and the temperature dropped. No sense in hunting anymore at that point.

And you know that as soon as you see and hear that lovely creek in the cold and damp, you instantly have to pee.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts