Beautiful Picture

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by grizcty, Sep 27, 2017.

1. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

City of Rovinj
    Istrian Peninsula, Croatia

[​IMG]

2. grizcty

Beautiful picture of Yoho National Park Of Canada. Named for a Cree expression "of awe and wonder".
    This was Canada's first national park.

[​IMG]

3. grizcty

My kind of place for peace and quiet.

[​IMG]

animalspooker, Becks42, rando and 7 others like this.
  4. grizcty

The Black Forest resort village of Hinterzarten, Germany. I have been to this beautiful place.

The Black Forest resort village of Hinterzarten, Germany.jpg

5. grizcty

6. grizcty

Dunnottar Castle, Stonehaven Scotland.

[​IMG]

animalspooker, Becks42, rando and 7 others like this.
  7. goat roper

goat roper G&G Evangelist

That would keep peaceful protesters at bay.

Stickman, animalspooker and neophyte like this.
  8. grizcty

Beautiful old Chevy on dirt road.

Beautiful old Chevy on dirt road.jpg

Stickman, goat roper, rando and 5 others like this.
  9. grizcty

Windmills in Consuegra, Castilla-La Mancha, Spain

Chivalry isn’t dead in La Mancha, where the iconic windmills that inspired the Spanish author Cervantes still turn in the breeze. Made famous by the 17th-century novel ‘Don Quixote,’ these windmills are found in the village of Consuegra, near an ancient castle that was once home to the Knights of San Juan, the Spanish branch of the Order of St. John. Large windmills in central Spain were used to grind grain, and many of the windmills here have been restored.

Windmills in Consuegra, Castilla-La Mancha, Spain.jpg

10. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Tennessee
    Also the inspirational source for the Broadway Play, THE MAN OF LA MANCHA.

11. grizcty

12. I hope everyone who sees this photo receives God's Blessing.
    05fdbf4a46477ea779bf991eb893e79d (2).jpg
    Fred W. Symmes Chapel (also known as "Pretty Place" because of its amazing view) is one of the many buildings that make up YMCA Camp Greenville. It was given by Mr. Fred W. Symmes for the enjoyment of the boys and girls who camp here each summer and is the spiritual center of the camp. Located in the Cherokee Foothills of the Blueridge Mountains of North Western South Carolina .

The current chapel was constructed in 1941 with several additions and improvements made in subsequent years including major upgrades made in 2012 and 2018.

The Chapel is located on private property owned by the YMCA Camp Greenville (a branch of the YMCA of Greenville, SC). Camp Greenville has been in existence since 1912 and covers 1400 acres. It is a year-round operation serving as a Summer Camp, Environmental Education Center, Group & Conference Center, and wedding venue.

Camp Greenville welcomes visitors to enjoy the beauty of the Chapel during daylight - except when it is in use for a Camp event (Sunday and Monday morning worship services by campers or groups), or for another reserved event (weddings, dedications, memorial services, etc.). Typically the chapel is booked throughout the day on Saturday and Sunday. We strongly recommend checking the online chapel schedule prior to visiting to avoid conflicts with weddings or other privately scheduled events at Pretty Place. There are NO restroom facilities available from December 1 thru March 15.

Fees for use of the chapel help to maintain the area, as well as assist with camperships (scholarships to help provide experiences for children who might otherwise not be able to enjoy a camp experience due to some type of hardship). Donations are welcome. Please contact the camp office at 864.836.3291 for information regarding contributions.

We hope you enjoy the peace and serenity you will experience upon visiting the Symmes Chapel - "Pretty Place"!
    Clevland SC.jpg

13. grizcty

Santa Cruz River in Argentina's Patagonia region.

This river meanders from Argentino Lake towards the Atlantic Ocean, for approximately 240 miles.

Santa Cruz River in Argentina's Patagonia region.jpg

14. That River is as crooked as Democrat!

goat roper, neophyte and Huey Rider like this.
  15. grizcty

Aerial view of the Fjaðrárgljúfur canyon, Iceland.

Aerial view of the Fjaðrárgljúfur canyon, Iceland.jpg

16. Junction15

Junction15 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

How many can say that name 3 times, fast?
    The closest I can come is "Fluffernutter"

grizcty, Ten Man, Huey Rider and 2 others like this.
  17. grizcty

Rice terrace fields in Chiang Mai Province, Thailand.

The best Jasmin rice I ever had, came from Thailand.

Rice terrace fields in Chiang Mai Province, Thailand.jpg

18. We love jasmine rice and always buy Thai grown.

neophyte likes this.
  19. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

Otherwise known as "That place over there"

Junction15, neophyte and ncnascarlady like this.
  20. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

Smoking probably ruined my taste buds, but I can't tell the difference in Jasmine rice & any other white rice. :( During the severe food shortage, needed some rice & all they had was a huge bag of Jasmine rice. Had never heard of it & was several times more than I'd normally buy, but decided to try it. 'Course, we eat rice so seldom, we keep it in the freezer & even though bought it back in April or May, probably still have enough to last for the rest of this year!

ncnascarlady and neophyte like this.