close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Belt needs loosening!

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Jesse, Jun 30, 2002.

1. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Grilled chicken breasts, ribeyes, and Basa catfish cooked on a Holland grill. Beer-battered onion rings and steak wedge fries baked in the oven. Romaine lettuce w/tomato salad tossed with blue cheese dressing. Moppin' sauce, Worstershire sauce, and butter for extras... and a key lime pie for dessert.

My brother and I fixed a meal this afternoon the WHOLE family was proud of! A test drive before the 4th!

Jesse

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Gee, my invitation musta got lost in the mail huh? Sounds good Jesse,whats Basa catfish? I make Cajun cat all the time thats my favorite fish!

3. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Well he better get ready! I better have a red rug next when I pull up in his drive for that kind of meal!

I like my steaks medium rare ;)

4. Jesse

Basa is a species of catfish that comes from southeast Asia. Actually some comes from the Me Kong Delta, (I'm sure there are some on this board who know where that is!) It is the best piece of fish I've ever eaten. The filets are snow white and have no game or fishy-oil taste. I kid you not that I could eat a whole plate by myself and an hour later be hungry again. The meat is that light and digests that well. First class eating!

Jesse

5. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Have you tried Spanish Mackeral?

6. Jesse

Yes I have. It's a love or hate fish... some love it, some hate it. I like it personally. Hard to get at times...

Jesse

7. Speckled trout--white meat no fish taste-- My favorite --bar none.
    Jessie after that meal you cooked up my grilled burgers and hotdogs seem a little trivial. Well any way I have to work that day. Pizza sounds good. Where do you buy Basa.

8. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I think any time spent with family no matter if you are simply grilling hot dogs, is some of the best times in life.

I love some pan trout, but I like to be at the beach to eat them, only way I will eat fried fish...Never had grilled fish...Gotta try it sometime.

9. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Try baking Cod, with butter, lemon pepper, and soy sauce. Around 400 degrees F for half an hour.

10. Jesse

Basa is imported and frozen IQF. You have to find a fresh market that knows what it is and can obtain it for you. It comes in 15# cases.
    Sounds really good Klaus. I know some people that swear by cod and haddock.

Jesse

11. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

hey what happen to my invite?