beretta vs glock

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by spareman1234, May 19, 2008.

1. spareman1234

spareman1234 Guest

What would be better a Glock model 32 in 9mm or a Beretta model 92 in 9mm.
    or what about the beretta M9 9mm. I heard it was just the same as the model 92 is that correct.

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  2. lorcin25

lorcin25 Guest

Glocks are ugly. Reliable but ugly. Cosmetics would win this argument in my mind.

3. i like both but why not go with the Beretta px4<20 round clips> sexy looking too

4. twisterx44

twisterx44 G&G Newbie

from personal experience, I shoot far better with a glock than with a beretta. Also, do a little research on reliabity.

Here is a start:

Glock Torture test
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrZ0kxhDA3Y]YouTube - Glock torture test[/ame]

Beretta Torture Test
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc_Rqm0bESI&feature=related]YouTube - Beretta Model 92 torture test[/ame]

Just personal experience and research though.

5. man i have seen those videos a million times and there is no science about how they do it so i trow it out the window.

6. I have owned both glocks and berettas, in my opinion it's like chevys and fords. take one out for a drive and see if you like it.

7. TheWall

TheWall Firearm Affectionado Forum Contributor

I have a Beretta 96 and love it. It is very accurate. I have never owned or fired a Block before. When I was looking at pistols to buy I held one and it didn't feel comfortable to me. Like Privateer said, you should try them both to see which one you like. They are both very popular guns.

8. twisterx44

twisterx44 G&G Newbie

Science? He simulated a possible scenario of the handgun being dropped into water. Then he attempted to fire it. Pretty simple...

9. yeah but you have know idea what condition each gun was in prior to testing , and there was no control . no offense to you man i just get uppity about science !

10. Coeloptera

Coeloptera G&G Newbie

I would recommend the Beretta. I have personally always found them to be a lot more comfortable, to me, than an equivalent Glock. I just find Glocks kinda bricky, although I have a friend in corrections who swears by his Glock 17. So again, YMMV.

- Coeloptera

11. spareman1234

spareman1234 Guest

thanks 4 your help guys

12. The Beretta 92FS and the Glock are so different it really wouldn't be a fair comparison. Both have there advantages and disadvantages. The Beretta 92FS has a alloy frame and a external safety, the Glock has a trigger safety (it cannot fire if you drop it, you have to pull the trigger). I have owned both a Beretta 92FS and a Glock 17. Personally I liked the Beretta better, but there both great guns. Both have been through a extreme torture test, and both have passed in flying colors. If you ever find yourself in a situation where you have to fire under water, I would buy the Glock. If you find yourself in a situation where you have to fire with a limp wrist (like if you have already been shot or injured) I would buy the Beretta.
    A more fair comparison would be a Beretta PX-4 vs. a Glock 19. Both have a plastic frame, and a similar weight and feel.
    Or you could compare the Beretta 92FS and the Sig 229. Both have a alloy frame and they are extremely reliable. Again it would depend if you wanted a external safety or not. Personally I would chose the Beretta 92FS. Or the new Beretta Ninety-Two.
    If I were you I would go to a range where they rent guns and rent all four and buy the one that feels the most comfortable to you. You really couldn't go wrong with ether of the four.
    If money is a issue I would also try out a Taurus PT92, which is similar to the Beretta 92FS except it has a frame mounted safety instead of a slide mounted safety. And it costs about $100 less.

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  13. twisterx44

twisterx44 G&G Newbie

Wise words from 9mm fan.

14. spareman1234

spareman1234 Guest

thanks so much for your help realy apeciate it

15. KingKlung

KingKlung Guest

Just join this forum tonight so I had to put in my two cents. I own a Beretta 92G that I will never part with it. I am able to shoot very accurately with both hands. In fact I am able to group 8 to 9 rounds out of 15 in the black at 100 yards. It drive my buddies nuts. I concur with 9MMFAN that shooting all guns before buying the Beretta.

16. Arkansas Smith

Arkansas Smith Guest

The Beretta 92 is the best shooting 9mm I have ever fired and I am planning on getting one in the very near future. I do not like the triggers on Glocks or XDs. I also don't really care for a handgun without a safety. I can picture way too many ugly things happening with a Glock style weapon in a dark nightstand if ever needed in the middle of the night.

When the free mags come in for the M&P I have, I'll probably sell it or trade to get a 92.

17. Turbo

Turbo Guest

I used to think the same thing before I actually carried a Glock. Yeah I miss the safety. But when bad things happen, having one less thing to do is a good thing.

18. My Son carried a Beretta in Afghnistan and liked it. I carry a department approved Glock and don't like it. I did take a dremel tool to my Glock and at least it fits me better now.

19. Having carried both, I like the Glock best of the two. Given a choice of any 9mm I'd take a 1911 clone (Kimber) then a FN-9