close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Berlin Wall comes to Israel. Ya'll want some Mosins too?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Cranky-Kraut, Jun 16, 2002.

1. Sorry guys. I know it's off-topic but I just woke-up and saw the news from The West Bank on TV. It's really refreshing to see how Israel has taken my home countrys "Wall", added some high-tech improvements and now introduced it to the Middle East.

The States of Sachsen-Anhalt & Thuringen can also make Israel some GREAT deals on some "gently used" watch towers and bunkers. Ask nicely and I bet you can even score some minty Makarovs and Mosin-Nagant Training Rifles.

Don't throw away that Raindrop Pattern Camo gear you have! If Israel decides to make it an historically accurate recreation they're gonna need some!

Thanks. I feel better now. <grin>

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

We need all that along the Mexicali border line!

3. Dennis

Dennis G&G Evangelist

Texas
    Well Them Israeli's gotta do something.
    Let the palistines have their own state wall them off and let them work it out for them selves.
    I dont think the palistines would last a year, they would be killing each other..............good riddence.
    No body in the arab world likes them(that I have met) I know a lot of middeleastern people through my business. Hell, Osama Binladen's nephew used to work there. He was a nice guy.
    I think he went home because the FBI kept interviewing him all the time, (disturbing the office) This was a coupla years ago before the attacks.
    Boy did he hate his Uncle, or so he told me.
    According to arab people that I have talked to
    the Palistines dont want to work for anything they want hand outs and welfare.
    at first they where welcomed
    in the other arab countrys then after they got there took advantage of their hosts.
    The Arabs that I know are very concious of stuff that I dont think is important such as Tribe and clan affiliations, it's important to them.
    Ya got to understand that the Arab culture is only 1 or 2 generations away from nomadic tribes that roamed the deserts for thousands of years. They still think in a primitive manner
    They cant help it for the most part.
    Our 21st century ethics wont work
    Which means in order to communicate effectively on the Macro level we have to revert to a less sophisticated language.
    In other words
    Knock the HELL out of them.
    This will be a festering sore until that happends.
    It worked in the Gulf war.

4. 19D10

19D10 G&G Newbie

Man, I loved that post, but somebody is gonna be pissed off with all that un-p.c. talk!!

5. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Bummer dude! Un- pc is the only way to talk, don't hide your feelings or convictions! True friends will stand tall with you.

6. I'm not THAT cranky! hehehehe

For me, having lived part of my life behind a wall, the issue is not "why" the wall is there but rather the mere fact that it is there at all. If it really is what the Israelis want, and I doubt that it is since no one seems to have been asked about it, more power to them.

I just hope it doesn't backfire on them. Remember....walls work both ways...they keep the outside world "out" AND keep those inside "in". I dont consider either of those options to be very desireable.

When I see walls going-up, personal experience tells me that it's time to leave!

7. Good comments from everyone--I agree.

8. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

hell,the way they're going,pretty soon they're all going to be dead anyway and the rest of the world won't have to worry about it. i say if they can't settle their differences,let the people who are smart enough to leave,go to nuetral territory,wall off the whole ****ed area,and let them finish each other off.

9. Cranky-Kraut,
    The East Germans put up the wall to keep good people IN.
    Israel are putting up the wall to keep bad people OUT.
    Israel is a democracy, democracys do not keep thier people in.

10. I'm actually quite aware of why East Germany built the Berlin Wall and what purpose it served. I was expelled from the DDR through that wall in 1987 but I thank you for your insight into the issue all the same.

Good people? Bad people? Well, having now conveniently decided who is good and who is bad, the issue of appropriation of the land from the Palestinains and subsequent "donation" by the British has been settled and the issue is closed. Gee, that was all so simple! I just wonder if the Israeli Government (being the great democracy that it is) might possibly have asked the Israeli people if they wanted a wall around themselves? Just a thought.

Sorry if I seem to have an aversion to nations that build walls around themselves. I hope you will excuse me for that little personality quirk, but if you had lived most of your life with a wall around you, you would have quickly realized that regardless of what side of that wall you lived on.....it was unnatural, it was unhealthy and it was equally intrusive in the lives of both the "good" and the "bad" people .

Mosin-Nagants rule, cheddar-fries are delicious and walls suck.

Now what did I do with that bottle of Prozac? It was on the night stand next to my Ritalin and now its gone!