Gun and Game Forum banner

Bersa Firestorm Mini 40

5K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  hotspur 
#1 ·
First post here, and I'm wondering if anyone has had this problem with a Bersa Firestorm Mini 40. I bought it used, works perfectly on all factory ammo, but seems picky about my reloads. (I've reloaded for a dozen years and have never had a problem with other pistols, mostly CZs.) Reloads fire perfectly using a double-action strike, but don't fire with a single-action strike. There's an imprint on the primer from an SA strike, and to me it seems the same as the imprint from a DA strike. Does the hammer hit harder when in DA mode than in SA mode? Anyone know?

#2 ·
First off, welcome to G&G! I carry a Firestorm Mini as my daily CCW using my handloads with no problems. The only FTF's I've ever had with this gun were using UltraMax "remanufactured" ammo. The only thing I can think of would either be a batch of hard primers or a weak hammer spring.
I'd be really interested in what you find on it, so keep us updated.

#4 ·
I think I've solved it. There's actually a question on the Bersa faq about ammunition not working in the mini 40. One of their reasons is a hard primer. I've been using Wolf primers for a couple of years, ever since the great primer shortage, and I've read that they can be hard. I guess CZs have a tougher hammer spring, and perhaps there is something to my query about a mini 40's DA strike being harder than its SA strike. It's factory ammo from now on, although I'll ask Bersa if a tougher hammer spring is available.

Redbeernuts, out of curiosity, what primers were you using in your reloads?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.