Bersa Ultra compact .40

Discussion in 'Bersa' started by Redbeernuts, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Redbeernuts

Redbeernuts G&G Newbie

Does anybody know about this handgun? I found it on Buds for 350 and It seems like a good deal I just can't fin any reviews on it. I have the Bersa .380 and I love it so I think they make good products. Any info will help.

2. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

I have the Bersa Firestorm Mini 40 which is the same pistol with just cosmetic differences & like it. It was my first pistol, purchased to take my CHL course and never missed a lick. I'd never heard of having to "break a pistol in" so shot about a half box of ammo to get the feel of it & the next 50 rounds was for qualification at my CHL class. If you've never shot a .40 cal., it has a little 'snappy' recoil & some claim more than .45 ACP. I don't think it's more recoil, just different.

At the same time, my wife bought a Thunder 380 & since then I've bought three more Bersas & none have had any issues.

3. Redbeernuts

Redbeernuts G&G Newbie

Good to hear. I think I'll have to grab one. Thanks.

4. pcman312

pcman312 G&G Regular

I've been thinking about getting the same pistol in 9mm and I've heard nothing but good things about it.

5. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

I've got their 9mm. Both the Ultra Compact (UC) & High Capacity (HC). read one post by a Bersa owner that summed it up in one word - "smooth". Really mild recoil, little muzzle flip & I don't recall many saying they wouldn't eat just about any ammo they tried to feed them, maybe some had issues with hollow points & flat nosed ammo during break-in, but mine didn't have a problem with either from the very first.

The Bersa 9mm pistols are getting the rep of being the best that Bersa has come out with & their UC45 is right on their heels. At the price point & with a lifetime service contract, just can't hardly go wrong. In fact, they recently had a case of some coming in with really bad finishes on the slides - 9mm, 40S&W & 45ACP. The Bersas have never been famous for an exceptional finish but these were really bad. Well, even though their warranty & service contract do not cover the finish, they agreed to make them good! Latest shipments seem to have the problem fixed.

6. GreatLakesGunny

GreatLakesGunny G&G Newbie

Can't say much for the model in question but I also own a .380 and have had no problems with it.

7. Redbeernuts

Redbeernuts G&G Newbie

I pick it up tomorrow. I went ahead and got the holster from Bersa as well ($55). I'll post some picks when I get it.

8. ilg1800

ilg1800 G&G Regular

Head over to Bersa chat alot of good info there great people too

9. Redbeernuts

Redbeernuts G&G Newbie

I have not had a chance to shoot yet but I am good with all other aspects of the weapon and holster. I hope it shoots as good as it looks. I bought the holster from Bersa themselves and seems to be a good one

Attached Files:

10. Houdani

Houdani G&G Newbie

Bersa 40 S&w u/compact

Buy it! Best ccw for the $$. 1500 rounds no mis -fires. 3" groups at 20' .Psst! Price went up again.You might have to add a hogue grip depending on your hand size.Mighty fine all around self-defense piece.

11. mollysdaddy

mollysdaddy G&G Enthusiast

Wow nice!

Beautiful!

12. Earl Easter

Earl Easter Pheasant Hunter Forum Contributor

Really a nice compact..Let us know how she shoots.