Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
I think almost all of them are excellently reliable. Some folks have preferences to size, material, and weight, but they all work 100% as far as I know. The only possible exceptions might be the new US made polymer ones without any metal inserts, unlike the military synthetic ones that do have reinforcements for contact and high stress points.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,223 Posts
I prefer the 20 rd Hungarian tanker steel mags...very handy...one box of ammo fits then BANG...BANG...BANG...BANG! :D

Next is the Bulgarian waffle mags...do not buy the look alike Promag fake waffles...they is crapola...

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
The Chinese drums are the better ones in my opinion. You can keep them loaded forever without stressing the spring. Plus, they load from the back and take very little time to do so.
The Romanian mags load from the top and take quite a while to load. Plus, the spring is under constant tension when loaded.
Russian drums load the same as the Chinese, but are very rare and expensive.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
I agree with NRAJOE on the Hungarian steel mags, being 1 box of ammo per mag. I also like the fact that they go about as far down as the grip. That's my idea of a well proportioned rifle. I have handled another AK with a drum full of ammo and it was surprisingly handy and manageable. Far more than with a comparable amount of ammo in a longer mag.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys

I'll try to find some 20 round Hungarian magazines...sooner or later I'll get myself a 75 round drum though

·
Registered
81 Posts
Best AK mags and Drums

Calvin2 is correct on the Chinese Drums. The Chinese steel AK magazines in both .223 and 7.62x39 are the ONLY ones to function FLAWLESSLY in ALL AK type weapons. Some magazines or drums will not work in Chinese AKs, Romanian, Bulgarian, etc AKs, but the Chinese work in all of them. Buy them soon as they keep going up in price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts