close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Best Buys ?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Logansdad, Jul 13, 2002.

1. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

:eek: What are the best buys in concealed carry sidearms ? glovebox guns ? etc :rolleyes: :fuss: :nod: :target:

2. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

police trade in revolvers, preferably .357s

3. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

You can get excellent deals on LE trade in revolvers. The San Antonio Park Ranger Service just traded in their wheel guns for Glocks (about 2 years ago really). You could pick them up for very good prices and you could haggle with the dealer a little just for sport.

4. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

My shooting buddy has a little FEG compact .40 that is a perfect CCW gun. The grip is a bit short for my big mitts, but for a carry piece, under a shirt, it's perfect. Feeds and shoots everything he's fed it, and good accuracy too. Price was good - under $300 as I recall.
    The little CZ50/70 is also a good one - totally relible and darned good shooting little .32 - if you don't mind a lighter caliber. CZ50 is availble to Crufflers, and is priced very nicely - under $100 from some sources. :)

5. k8cca

k8cca G&G Newbie

A good friend of mine just picked up a Rossi in .357. It's a good shooter and pretty small. I was surprised how nice the fit and finish was for a low cost handgun. He paid $230 + Tax at a gun show here. He has a CCW and plans to carry this.

6. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Rossi revolvers are extremely good buys

7. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I had one years ago that had plastic grips and fixed sights...man that was junk! They have come a long way since though! :right:

8. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

Since Taurus owns Rossi now, Rossi handguns are gonna be a whole lot better!! :)
    As far as police trade-ins, I haven't seen much on true concealed carry weapons, but a few departments have traded in some nice Model 19 Smiths at very attractive prices. They have 4"barrels, and if you're built like me, you could carry one without anyone knowing.

9. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I hope Taurus does'nt change Rossi...Rossi seems to be more accurate to me

10. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

They're not. The only thing Taurus is doing is adding their safety feature to the Rossi lineup.

11. The best lil deal I've made is the 9 X 18 Mak. It cost me absolutely nothing and it's a frequent carry gun for me.

Plus, I can hit what I'm aiming at with that gun....that seems somewhat important to me. lol