Best Gen Glock

Discussion in 'Glock' started by animalspooker, Oct 20, 2020.

1. animalspooker

animalspooker G&G Evangelist

So what do you think the best Generation of Glock is and why do you think that?

I personally have had 4's and 5's, liked the 4 better, but can't remember why?

Jaison likes this.
  2. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Gen 5 for me. Hands down.

The Gen 4 is OK so long as you've put a Ghost connector in (smoothening out the trigger; not lightening it or screwing with springs) preferably with over travel stop.

The Gen 5 is close to a decent trigger job on an earlier gen, but still has SOME over travel. But it is nice. And going back to the finger grooves takes some getting used to.

animalspooker and Jaison like this.

3. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

animalspooker: Sir; G-3. :).

TXplt, animalspooker and Ten Man like this.
  4. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

I like the GEN 3 best, because of the texture of the grip, and the finger grooves. They fit my hand like a glove.

TXplt, animalspooker and neophyte like this.
  5. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

gen 11 or 12 should be pretty good ones.
    upload_2020-10-20_20-54-11.jpeg

animalspooker likes this.
  6. BigEd63

BigEd63 G&G Evangelist

Arkansas
    Generally Gen 3 in 17;and 19 models.
    I will admit being pleasantly surprised with the Gen 4 26.
    The Gen 4 for my hand does not smack the inside joint of my ring finger like the Gen 3 models. Which had that last point of the grip sticking out that I'd trim down.

I did also like the Gen 2'Glocks. My very first one was a 17 and later a 17L both generally being the two most accurate ones I owned for factory stock ones.

animalspooker and neophyte like this.
  7. animalspooker

animalspooker G&G Evangelist

Not sure I've held a Gen 3. I'm used to the Gen 4, real used to it apparently, because when I had the Gen 5, it didn't take me long to decide I liked my 4 better.

Ed_B, BigEd63 and neophyte like this.
  8. BarryHalls

BarryHalls G&G Evangelist

The 5 is slightly more robust in every aspect than the 4. The higer groove count barrel is also good. The rounded fronts, like the sub compacts and long slides is also a plus. I can live without the flared mag well, and don't care for or against he finger groves. Out of the box the trigger on the 5 is also better than the 3s or 4s, more like the 1s or 2s.

Over all I think the 5 has it on several fronts. however, the only thing that would have me considering upgrading from my Gen 4 41 would be the barrel. I'd probably just get a lone wolf, and drop it in, and skip doing another trigger job.

That said, for a 9mm I keep kicking around the idea of a gen5 model 23 with a barrel swap. . . It would be really something.

TXplt likes this.